HID VCDS Tweaks

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
Does anyone know the coding to make the HID DRL look like this? double "angel-eyes" ? or this is only option on the golf R?

Last edited:

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Unless you have R headlights then the inner U doesn't even have an led board in it. Someone can correct if I am wrong though? I was going to buy a set of aftermarket that had a double U feature and the led turn signal for like $550.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Do those work for golfs with and without the lighting package?
Ed's reps (ie. BEC Auto Parts) are designed to only work on non-lighting package cars. You run them either with an HID kit (Morimoto & Hylux are popular) or with halogen H7 bulbs.

More details: https://www.becautoparts.com/collections/headlights/products/golf-7-hid-headlights-golf-r-style

I'd really like to upgrade. About the only drawback I see are that the adjustments are behind the assembly. Looks like that'd be a real b***h to access once you get everything buttoned back up after install. Really gotta hope they come aimed well from the factory. Too bad the adjustments aren't accessible from the top with a long screwdriver like on most cars.

Last edited:

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Really quick, do all the golfs with single U DRL style headlight have the "lighting package"?? I really want that double U DRL (plus I would trust the morimoto hid kit over stock HID honestly) and I am about to purchase a 2015 golf dsg so I want to before purchase. Just trying to figure out to tell from pics if the car has lighting package or not.

Last edited:

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Really quick, do all the golfs with single U DRL style headlight have the "lighting package"?? I really want that double U DRL (plus I would trust the morimoto hid kit over stock HID honestly) and I am about to purchase a 2015 golf dsg so I want to before purchase. Just trying to figure out to tell from pics if the car has lighting package or not.
Halogens don’t have any U.
Non-R’s with lighting package (or standard HIDs) have single U.
R’s have double U.

Darth_Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW, DSG
I'd really like to upgrade. About the only drawback I see are that the adjustments are behind the assembly. Looks like that'd be a real b***h to access once you get everything buttoned back up after install. Really gotta hope they come aimed well from the factory. Too bad the adjustments aren't accessible from the top with a long screwdriver like on most cars.
My experience on a mk6 and mk7 meds replicas are that they are aimed high and a bit off from factory. It's actually not hard to adjust. I used a monkey wrench and popped the hood off an empty road and aimed it according to the horizon and street signs/bushes. The lateral ones can be turned by hand (if you have strong fingers) and it was about 10 minutes and then I never touched again in the past year.

One warning about non-oem is to put some silica gel packs along with the bulb caps to absorb moisture. My mk6 were very foggy inside after a couple years and left bad water stains. My mk7 looks nice with the silica inside