mk4 tdi valve cover gasket

Makdaddymac

TDI
99.5 mk4 jetta 5speed
Okay it seems i cannot locate one,i need a valve cover gasket for my 2000 tdi jet......no one has them:confused:...

if i cant find one fore reasonable cost should i just do uninstall clean up reshape and silicone problem area.....

Last edited:

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
I'm thinking it is a permenant thingy! A little RTV silicone in the area where the gasket goes up and over the Cam cap is helpful.

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
Valve Cover Gasket

Makdaddymac said:
Okay it seems i cannot locate one,i need a valve cover gasket for my 2000 tdi jet......no one has them:confused:
You have to buy the valve cover to get the gasket. Not sold separately and is meant to be used over & over again.

Makdaddymac

TDI
99.5 mk4 jetta 5speed
cool thats what i was thinking.....silicone for the win:eek:........

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Careful on the silicone. If you double side it and want to take it back off again you could tear it trying to get it off. Just a heads up.

osoonikum

TDI
1999 VW Bora 1,9 TDI AHF
fortunately here in Estonia, there are aftermarket gasket available, made of rubber or something. and the cost is about 5 times cheaper($19 compared to original part $96). of course it took me for a wild to hunt for the shop where to buy it.

Goetze
24-27921-00/0
vW/AUDI
A4/Golf/Passat/Sharan
Polo/Vento
TDI 1.9 L 4 Cyl.

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
both older and newer (PD) valve cover gaskets have part numbers on them which means they cold be sourced