www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel related items for wanted and for sale by private individuals. Group Buys and commercial posts should be in the "Vendor & GroupBuy" section.

Old February 27th, 2002, 09:59   #1
WNY PAT
Veteran Member

Default 2000 Jetta TDI

Hate to even put this here but I have a job closer to home (about 1/10 of a mile from my house) so I'm getting rid of one of my vehicles. This one is a 2000 Jetta TDI, 5 Speed, Atlantic Blue that has every option but leather (and auto of course) (monsoon, alloy wheels, sunroof, CWP, etc). Car has been great! Have run Delvac 1 at 7,500 intervals since 5K service w/ factory oil filters. The only problems to date have been glove box hinge TSB and 4th gear vibration problem... both fixed under warranty. I consistently get 47 to 48 mpg in this car and have almost always used Flying J premium fuel. It has new Michelin Pilot X One tires (less than 3K) and a VW front end mask (bra). Car is just about perfect inside and out. Obviously never any accidents or paint work or damage of any kind. 43,000 miles. Totally stock.. no mods ever. Asking $16,500.

Also, if interested in another unique vehicle, I'm offering my 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser up for sale. Great truck, very, very little rust (a few dime size spots near wheel wells), runs great. It is a 4X4, gold color w/ 152K miles. Asking $5500 for this. First one to go goes... other one stays....

[ February 28, 2002, 10:24: Message edited by: WNY PAT ]
WNY PAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2002, 09:20   #2
WNY PAT
Veteran Member

Default Re: 2000 Jetta TDI

ttt with a new low price:

$15,000 firm... will deliver

BTW: comes with 4 gallons of Delvac 1, 2 oil filters, a new drain plug, and a new pollen filter....

[ March 04, 2002, 09:21: Message edited by: WNY PAT ]
Old March 4th, 2002, 16:27   #3
GoneDiesel
Veteran Member

I'll take it at that price if you also throw in your kitchen sink! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Actually I just bought a New Beetle TDI. Great price though. I will pass it on.
GoneDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2002, 17:36   #4
Harvieux

I'll take it at $12,750 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Later!
Harvieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2002, 06:07   #5
WNY PAT
Veteran Member

The TDI is sold.... it was a great car.... no interest in the Land Cruiser though.... so that's what will be staying around.... BTW... I enjoyed my WALK to work today... haven't been able to say that since elementary school! This site has been a pleasure to visit... among the best on the web and great people!

[ March 05, 2002, 06:10: Message edited by: WNY PAT ]
Old March 5th, 2002, 07:55   #6
danix
Veteran Member

Just curious, how much did it sell for? I'm surprised to see prices dropping this much.
danix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2002, 10:39   #7
WNY PAT
Veteran Member

Danix,

I ended up getting $14500 and keeping the Delvac 1 (which I can return for $93), the pollen filter ($25), and oil filters ($17). I guess that makes it about $14635 or so. Not as much as I had hoped to get but it also frees me from the car payment and the insurance (collision & comp) that I don't have on the Land Cruiser. If I wasn't getting rid of a payment, I probably would have held on to it get a little more but there wasn't a lot of interest in it in the used car market. Although, in fairness, I knew that it was a very specific vehicle and only a small portion of the population would even consider owning one when I bought it in the first place. All things considered (getting rid of it just after the big depreciation hit), it still wasn't a very expensive vehicle to own considering the MPG and not having to replace anything in 43,000 miles but the tires. It was the same way with the Land Cruiser though, just not much interest in a very specific vehicle.

In terms of prices, I talked to a couple of local dealers and was quoted prices as low as $11,000 (local Chevy used car lot) and as high as $12750 (same as Harvieux's offer here) from an import shop. They all pretty much said what Harvieux has said: they consider it to be in "good" condition but need to make a profit and figure in some $$ to recondition the vehicle to like new condition. There's a '98 New Beetle TDI GLS on a local lot w/ less miles than my Jetta (29K vs. 43K) for $12,995 or somewhere around that price so I figured they'd probably put mine out there for $16,000 or so but take mid $15s. Who knows.. it's a fickle market to begin with for diesel cars and there are a whole lot of used cars to choose from right now!

[ March 05, 2002, 10:45: Message edited by: WNY PAT ]
Old March 5th, 2002, 11:32   #8
CloudNine
Veteran Member

Heck of a nice sales job, if you ask me. If you can beat the dealer's offer by $1750, that's a sweet piece of change in your pocket.

Plus you keep the oil, etc. Good job! Now erase your post so the new owner doesn't get to feel like a schmoe.

Tom
CloudNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2002, 17:30   #9
Harvieux

Hi CloudNine, Actually, the buyer did very well in his purchase of WNY PAT's car. It's refreshing to hear a correct and real world response from WNY PAT regarding the wholesale offering prices. I try to be very careful in my offers and try to generally offer more than most dealers would. Do I still get flack? Oh boy, you betcha! WNY PAT did an excellent job in getting a little less than what I would have retailed it for but, alot more than if he wholesaled to me or another dealer. BTW, Danix, I'll give you ten big ones for your green Jetta, [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Ha! Ha! Later!

[ March 05, 2002, 17:37: Message edited by: Harvieux ]
Harvieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2002, 18:27   #10
WNY PAT
Veteran Member

Cloud (Tom),

I would say that the new owner got a very good deal. The car really was in pristine condition... like many others on this site I'm pretty anal about stuff, especially my cars :-)! Also, that car had one of the "good" engines (MPG wise.. there seems to be so much variation) and always had Delvac 1. I don't have kids or pets nor do I smoke.... I can't imagine you'd find one in much better shape than mine was in with 43K at the price. If the new owner is reading this: you can believe me.. again...you've got a great car! You've also got a great site to visit to learn more than you'd ever want to know about the TDI. That said, and all things considered, I'm satisfied with the $$ I got for the car... although I'd have been happier with $16,500 (or even the $15,000 I truly thought was a fair price)... but that's life!

Also, I'll be the first in line for another TDI when the circumstances in my life change again... which I'm sure they will in a few years. I really did love the car and was sad to see it go... like sending a kid off to college... except in this case I was giving the new owner directions to Flying J, instructions on timing belt changes, stressing the importance of Delvac 1, and all that other Fred's stuff. I hope he finds his way here to learn a bit about taking care of it properly... did you notice I still have the Delvac 1... must not have done too good a job of selling that!

Regards,

Pat

[ March 05, 2002, 18:36: Message edited by: WNY PAT ]