Best price for 507.00 long life ????

doonboggle

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta w/Taktonic 6sp. transmission, Silver; 1981 Rabbit pick-up
Am looking for the vendor that has the best price for 507.00. Have looked at vendors listed in the link section, and wondering if there are others out there as the price seems to have gone up drastically since ordering it last. I realize it has to do with the oil market, but am looking for the best value today. Have looked at TDIparts, Impex, etc..

Anyone have any 'recent' purchases less than those vendors?

And, in looking, see a notable price difference in the 505.01 versus 507.00 cost. If I decide to switch back to the 505.01 from the last usage of the 507.00, will that affect my engines?
TIA

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
I haven't found a better deal than buying Mobil 1 ESP from AVLube.com.

I'm still trying though!

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Your local dealer has it [Castrol 507.00 LL3] for $7/liter + tax...

doonboggle

Veteran Member
TDI
.............."And, in looking, see a notable price difference in the 505.01 versus 507.00 cost. If I decide to switch back to the 505.01 from the last usage of the 507.00, will that affect my engines?"

TIA

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
tditom said:
'dorf, what if you had one of these installed?
T, are these pieces sanctioned by VWoA :) Is the car we're discussing still under warranty?

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
'dorf- not sure if they are official VAG parts. good point about the warranty coverage.

'doon- its listed as an "oil level sensor" on ebay, but it looks like the oil quality sensor that some tdiclubbers have retrofitted their cars with. EU cars have this mounted in the oil pan and it takes readings from the oil that are interpreted by the ECU and oil service life is determined. This device is what allows the EU vehicles to go up to 31K miles on an OCI.

doonboggle

Veteran Member
TDI
Since posting, came across www.ecstuning.com that has the one I am using, with the big VW on the container, at 7.30 ... which is the best I've come across today; so am ordering a couple of cases.

Thanks

wjdell said:
My VW dealer in Stuart wanted 18.00 for GVW 052195M2 - LL III.

doonboggle

Veteran Member
TDI
Who would that be? Online? And is it the gray container with the big VW in the center of the label at the top? 507.00. Was just on the verge of ordering 2 cases; but the shipping is at about 50.00; so your's sounds interesting.

TIA

Lightflyer1 said:
My dealer is $7.26 and no shipping.

doonboggle

Veteran Member
TDI
OH! Did not realize it was a 'DEALER(ship)'. Thought the reference was a 'dealer'; as online seller.

Unfortunately our 'local' [STEALERship] in Reno generally ignores VW's requirements ... unless you argumentively DEMAND them. They are an independent large west coast conglomerate (Lithia Motors), and according to the local independent shops, the corporate plan is to use the products they, Lithia, can buy the cheapest ... and the pawn it off on the unsuspecting car owners.

I recently verified this by innocently calling in and asking what the part number (for the 505.01 oil) I had was for. After now almost 3 years of changing numerous TDI diesel engines oil, and providing numerous litres of oil to the technicians, the first words out of the parts manager was ... "Huh! Ain't never seen that number."

Into his computer and inputted the number. Next comment ... "Huh! That's the oil for the diesel engines."

At that point, I did not want to proceed because I was seeing an angry response swelling up inside ... so just dropped it.

Next experience with warranty clutch just a few days ago issue was, in making appointment, offered them the TSB number (gotten from the local 'guru' shop) addressing the warranty aspect.

The response .... "Oh we don't need that because anything you get off the internet is junk!!"

Real classy stealership.... Moral of story .... unless want to get WallyWorld, SamsClub, K-mart type of cheap oil (my interpretation and descriptive terms), sold as VW authorized ... don't ever use Lithia Motors in Reno.....

Lightflyer1 said:
Hewlett VW in Georgetown, TX.

The VW dealers should be carrying it now for the 2009. It is required for them.

Last edited:

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
The 2 or 3 mail order vendors on TDIclub have the oil, pretty good prices.

If you have a large oil distributor in your area, you may want to call them if they have retail operations. Our local oil disty is also a BioD seller, and I went in and noticed the poster for 507.00 oil. If you are willing to shell out for 18L you may be able to save some money over time.

doonboggle

Veteran Member
TDI
Unfortunately for our little isolated town in the outer sanctum reaches of Nevada, there is no distributor close by ... that I know of; other than the conglomerate major local gas dealer storage yards.

Regarding the club vendors, their prices are higher than the one I found at ECS Tuning; by a notable amount; and in wanting to order 2 cases, the cost difference would amount to a pretty penny.

Another poster clued me onto the possibility of a dealer pricing up in Washington state, so am awaiting for 8:00am tomorrow to contact for info.

ATLSilverTDI said:
The 2 or 3 mail order vendors on TDIclub have the oil, pretty good prices.

If you have a large oil distributor in your area, you may want to call them if they have retail operations. Our local oil disty is also a BioD seller, and I went in and noticed the poster for 507.00 oil. If you are willing to shell out for 18L you may be able to save some money over time.