BHW Exhaust Manifold on ALH

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Is it possible to use the BHW exhaust manifold with turbo adapter plate on the ALH to upgrade to a GTB2056? I've read some different info on this.

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
If that's the same as the Passat manifold then yes. I have used one with a 1756.

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
If looking to go cheap, not a crapload of BHW manifolds floating around... you can also look for AHU/1Z manifolds as the wastegate turbos bolted to the exhaust manifold like the BHW. I used a 1z manifold i found for a nothing for my gt2256v build.

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
If looking to go cheap, not a crapload of BHW manifolds floating around... you can also look for AHU/1Z manifolds as the wastegate turbos bolted to the exhaust manifold like the BHW. I used a 1z manifold i found for a nothing for my gt2256v build.
I have a BHW manifold and the adapter plate from Darkside. Who did your tune with that turbo?

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
Because it sounds impressive. Curious to hear more about it.
Any of the big guys will write you a good tune for a gt2256v. 26psi sustained on a stock ALH engine, excluding head studs. Turbo would easy make 18psi at 2000rpm pulling a tall 5th gear up a long grade with no problem. So it pulled hills like a stock turbo 18psi tuned car... but then would rip at/above 2500rpm with 26psi to just before red line. Pretty good turbo really. No fussing with odd actuators, actuator conversions, clocking etc. Weld up BHW/1z/AHU manifold adapter and bolt it all together with a braided oil feed and a pushlok hose oil drain.