question on 1.9 L

Was a fordie

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I have a 2002 Jetta TDI that i bought back a couple years ago. When I was on the way home from Maryland/New Jeresy, I was rearended near Escanaba, MI late at night. WAs thinking about then converting it to a ute kit car, but other things came up in life. Now I was looking at the frame, and am thinking it might not be a good idea, seems like frame was a bit compromised.... I've been starting it up and driving around the lot and parking area of where I have it stored and letting it run an hour or two every other week, engine starts right up and runs well. I changed the oil recently too. has 194 k miles on it. how much do you think i could sell for if someone wanted to buy the whole car with the idea of buying simply for the engine?

I am now moving onto a different project. I am in the early stages of buying a school bus from my company that I work for , to convert to a mobile amateur radio shack/storm chasing mobile/Motorhome rig...

I want to get rid of this..

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
I've got a couple of y2k golfs that have good running engines, and have offered them at scrap prices, some rust but no collision damage, and have received no offers.
Sigh...

PH

Radial GT

TDI
'13 Jetta TDI Premium DSG
Pull it, strap it to a crate, someone will pay you for it. No one wants to pull an engine...sadly. Timing belt job done recently? That'll help the sale.