ESI and SRI reset issues 2015 Passat TDI SEL

timstover

TDI
2015 Passet TDI SEL, 2000 Jetta TDI
I changed the oil and completed the other services at 100,000 miles and then reset both the oil and the service messages. My oil change and service indicators came on about 1000 miles after they were reset. Today the dealer completed the 2nd emissions fix and reset the indicators with the dealer tool. About 110 miles later the indicators were back on. The actual oil service menu indicated I had 9890 miles left on the oil and 19890 on the service. The oil had 371 days left and the service had over 900 days left. I used my VCDS and found it showed poor oil quality. I reset that using 17 - 10 but the indicators did not go away. I tried increasing the days for both service and oil by 1 day (hoping it would reset the indicators, it did not). I then reset the ESI using 17 - 10 and the SRI using 17 - 10. Per the note on ROSS Tech, I tried key off and key on between each function that I tried to reset. None of these reset the indicators. Now the reset functions on 17 - 10 say channel not available, as does the day functions I had increased earlier.
The reset functions holding the 00/set and key on no longer work, neither does flashers, holding the 00/set with key on. The menu now shows Oil Change needed and Service Vehicle. But it will not let me scroll down to the remaining mileage and days menus. What else can I try to get the functions working again and turn off the Oil and Service indicators?

timstover

TDI
UPDATE
I found that I had turned off the ESI / SRI function trying to reset the Change Oil and Service Vehicle indicators. I am now able to Reset the ESI and SRI using VCDS and I can now scroll down and see the remaining days/mileage on the Oil and the Service. I can also reset the Oil using the 00/Set and key on and I can reset the service using the Flashers, 00/Set and key on. However, the Change Oil indicator and the Service Vehicle indicators will not reset, even though both functions now show full mileage and days remaining. Net result - I still need assistance resetting the Change Oil and Service Vehicle indicators.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I'm at a loss, my only guess is that something more deep is wrong other than VCDS can fix as it appears you've tired all avenues I would be trying.

It may be worth bringing to the dealers attention, the component, ECU/module?, may be under warranty.

timstover

TDI
The interesting thing is that my daughters 2015 Passat TDI SEL is doing the same exact thing. My dealer is 90 miles away, but I will be returning there soon because the 2nd emissions fix has left me with an intermittent "13052 - Exhaust Temperature too Low after Cold-Start".

nate68178

TDI
2015 Passat SEL 2003 New Beetle 5sp 2003 Jetta 5sp 2001 Golf 5sp
Did you top off your Adblue?? I recently had the same problem, and took it to the dealer, under warranty thinking my oil level sensor was bad. The 2015 doesn't have an Adblue light, so it shows the oil level low light, and won't let you reset the service reminder. They topped off my Adblue free of charge, like 3.5 gallons.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Our 15 said it needed DEF in the MFD, so yeah it's not technically a light like windshield washer fluid, but it lets you know it was low.

All we had to do was toss in 2.5gal to make the warning to go away.

msobon

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Any update on resolving this issue?? I seem to have the same thing on my TDI the light won’t go away

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
the mk7 reset for the service is to

toss on 4 ways
hold the trip reset button (keep holding)
brakes on (not sure if this is 100% needed)
start the car.
oil change will pop up keep holding the trip reset button, then service will come up
hit the trip button again and service will be reset.

msobon

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
the mk7 reset for the service is to

toss on 4 ways
hold the trip reset button (keep holding)
brakes on (not sure if this is 100% needed)
start the car.
oil change will pop up keep holding the trip reset button, then service will come up
hit the trip button again and service will be reset.
That’s been done and even through vcds but the oil service won’t go away

msobon

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I got my answer after stopping by the dealer, it seems that if you overfill or underfill this will persist until you have the right level.
In my case I overfilled due to a slight incline on my driveway, lesson learned..

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'll keep that in mind as I'll be doing our 20K in the next week or so.