www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old September 15th, 2017, 14:05   #91
eurocab

Default Tks for the reminder

I did'nt get the top up payment either. I will contact my guy at the dealership on Monday to let him know I finally got the original amount and still waiting on the mileage payment. He may be able to pull some strings. The number that I posted earlier is for VW, so that might be the best way to approach it. I have another number that called me (844/982-5246) as well.

The agent also mentioned something about a $1500 Bosch payment, but I am not sure that is for 3.0TDI's. I need to look into it.

Update: I looked into it and he was right. Supposed to be automatic, so I have that to look forward to as well.

Last edited by eurocab; September 15th, 2017 at 14:33.
eurocab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 08:40   #92
mbrunner

TDI(s): 2011 Touareg

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurocab View Post
I did'nt get the top up payment either. I will contact my guy at the dealership on Monday to let him know I finally got the original amount and still waiting on the mileage payment. He may be able to pull some strings. The number that I posted earlier is for VW, so that might be the best way to approach it. I have another number that called me (844/982-5246) as well.

The agent also mentioned something about a $1500 Bosch payment, but I am not sure that is for 3.0TDI's. I need to look into it.

Update: I looked into it and he was right. Supposed to be automatic, so I have that to look forward to as well.
Yeah the $1500 Bosch payment is for the 3.0 TDI. There is a Bosch number but the most they can do is tell you if they have issued a check based on your name. So far seems that is a slow process.

I did get them to tell me that no other claims were against the VIN so I should be getting a top-up they just don't know the timeline. When I turned in they mentioned top-up for mileage + i have the other 50% of restitution. Just no timelines.

I have to assume they have to close out on their end but would assume that would have happened quickly.

Thanks again for the info.
mbrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 10:33   #93
Effer

TDI(s): 2009 Jetta
Default '09 jetta buyback

Had my buyback appt. last Wednesday and was concerned that with a CEL light on (don't know for what) and an airbag light on (side crash sensor) it would complicate things but everything went smooth. They didn't even start the car and only took pictures, and also had the buyback check printed out and in hand. Couldn't have gone any better. $9200 for a car that had 246k miles and drive train issues and the other problems above. Works for me.
Effer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2017, 20:17   #94
Spohntaneous

Hello, I need some expert help as I'm not sure what will happen. Three weeks ago I decided to go the buyback route. I have a 2015 Jetta SEL fully loaded and was in a wreck last week. The front end is crashed and the estimate from the body shop is $12,000. The insurance has been slow to make a call as I think they might total it out. Bluebook is around $18,400 and my VW buyback is $29,130 with about 40,000 miles on it. I have read so much about insurance companies screwing over people and don't want them to total my car. The engine still runs as the front end is crashed. I sent my insurance company the buyback paperwork from VW so they can see what the car is really worth to me. I would really appreciate some feedback about dealing with my insurance company as this paperwork shows the value of my car. Also if for some reason the insurance company says it's a total loss what would VW do if I drove it onto their lot with my hood and fender bent along with other frontal damage.

THANKS!
Spohntaneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 17:03   #95
edandemma

TDI(s): 09 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 38-47
Default Buyback complete, easy

Did the buyback Monday for our 09 Jetta, had 146,000 miles on it. Simple process, payment hit the bank on Thursday the same week. Will miss that car, but it was starting to have issues and I was tired of wrenching on it. We are now shopping for a new Passat, either 1.8T SE/W Technology or possibly a "fixed" 2015. I've read where some people earlier this year were able to find New 2015's discounted, I've only found new 2015's at 30k plus (in Kansas, searching KS, OK, AR, TX). So probably go with a very low mile fixed or go with the 1.8T. Still have my 1-ton dually for my diesel driving fix .
edandemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 04:42   #96
Rico567
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spohntaneous View Post
<snip> Also if for some reason the insurance company says it's a total loss what would VW do if I drove it onto their lot with my hood and fender bent along with other frontal damage.
THANKS!
You imply in the last sentence that the car is driveable. If it gets totalled, and the money mentioned is all the insurance company is prepared to offer, turn the vehicle in as is. If you can drive it onto the lot, according to the settlement it qualifies. Just be prepared for rejection, as the "interpretation" of what turn-in condition is appears to have changed somewhat, and can evidently vary from one VW rep to another. If they reject it, call the plaintiff counsel and let them take it from there.
Last April, our son turned in his '13 Jetta that had been T-boned, ruining both passenger side doors, but was perfectly driveable. There was no problem whatever, except that the rep made some gratuitous remark about "VW billing for the repairs." He got his full EFT payment a few days later, and not a peep about the damage.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
- Adam Savage
Rico567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 15:04   #97
drewholling13

Got a question for this thread, has anyone turned in a modified version of their car? I am getting ready to cave and turn my car in but it's got modifications. Thanks for your responses...
drewholling13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 21:12   #98
surfstar
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewholling13 View Post
Got a question for this thread, has anyone turned in a modified version of their car? I am getting ready to cave and turn my car in but it's got modifications. Thanks for your responses...
How "modified?"
The previous owner of my '14 Golf dropped it big time with coilovers. It had 18" TSW wheels, that I sold and put 15" steelies back on. Buyback person said nothing.

If it starts and drives, [minus the intentional stripping of parts] they'll take it.
surfstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 21:30   #99
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewholling13 View Post
Lots of people have. If it runs, and has not been "stripped", it counts.

We've gone over this a bazillion times. Your car came with a radio. It has to have a radio. It doesn't have to be the original one. Your car came with wheels. It has to have wheels. They don't have to be the original ones. Your car came with fenders. It has to have fenders. They don't have to be in like-new condition (banged up and scraped is OK ... and customized is OK). And so on ...

Modified cars are headed for the crusher anyhow.
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 10:18   #100
mbrunner

TDI(s): 2011 Touareg

Has anyone actually gotten a "top-up" payment they were due? Turned in July and still waiting. Just wondering if anyone did and how long it took.
mbrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 06:31   #101
drewholling13

CR170, egr/dpf,cat delete, custom intake and charge pipes, DSG and stage 3 tuned... really don't feel like swapping parts back, thanks for the input.

-Drew
drewholling13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 21:32   #102
rrrcryst

Fuel Economy: 41 & 44 for 180,000 miles
Smile top-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrunner View Post
Has anyone actually gotten a "top-up" payment they were due? Turned in July and still waiting. Just wondering if anyone did and how long it took.
They bought my 2014 Jetta back Jan 2017 It had very low mileage. We got an additional Bosch payment of $350 this past summer. The buyback covered 95% of my 2017 Honda CRV cost. That was great. I am working on fixing my 1996 B4 6 speed Passat driver side door and window now.

Would like to sell that in the next few months or so.

Last edited by rrrcryst; October 12th, 2017 at 21:34. Reason: grammar
rrrcryst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2017, 07:35   #103
ezshift5
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Please note Fuelly...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrcryst View Post
They bought my 2014 Jetta back Jan 2017 It had very low mileage. We got an additional Bosch payment of $350 this past summer. The buyback covered 95% of my 2017 Honda CRV cost. That was great. I am working on fixing my 1996 B4 6 speed Passat driver side door and window now.

Would like to sell that in the next few months or so.

I'd second 'great' above.

Realizing it's the US system vs. the world's largest automaker..............

Sure it's wrong to **** with the (somewhat inept) EPA.............

It's just not THAT wrong. Those are monstrous penalties/corrections.

Yes, I made out. Got my 2013 purchase price. Got a little '17 Jetta S/5M for a song. Yes, I bank almost (well, y'all 'get it')

This is a great site. It has been big time helpful this this sailor.

I've had four diesels. All VW. I miss them all. This final wagon set the bar.

ez sends
Old October 15th, 2017, 07:41   #104
GoneDiesel
Veteran Member

Default Hit a deer - hood and bumper damage

Anyone hear how a buy back went with damage to a driveable vehicle. I have read several forums and have not actually seen where someone was refused or given a lesser amount for the vehicle.
GoneDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2017, 17:13   #105
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

Plenty have done so, and even the most basic searching of the forum will find examples of it. There is no "... given a lesser amount". It's either all or nothing.

The damage has to be as a result of a collision, not intentional stripping of parts ... that's where the "nothing" in the above statement comes from.
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote