www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi A3

Audi A3 Discussions area for Audi A3 TDI (2010+ in Canada & the US).

Old October 9th, 2017, 01:10   #16
TomB
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 34 mpg on first tank

Terry, don't be a jerk.

Some of us have owned VW diesels and have been SHAFTED by VW several times. 2000 Jetta window failures, PD engine balance shaft failures and cam failures, HPFP failures, turbo fails, all kinds and in most cases we were left holding the bag.

Calling it whining is just childish. These are seasoned opinions based on facts of previous treatment.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 08:05   #17
Terry270
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
Terry, don't be a jerk.

Some of us have owned VW diesels and have been SHAFTED by VW several times. 2000 Jetta window failures, PD engine balance shaft failures and cam failures, HPFP failures, turbo fails, all kinds and in most cases we were left holding the bag.

Calling it whining is just childish. These are seasoned opinions based on facts of previous treatment.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Guess I have just been lucky then. My 2003 GLI was super reliable only did a few ign coils and wheel bearings on it. My 2003 ALH Golf has been reliable as a tank. 290k on it now. The wife's A3 has been great other than a bad repair by whatever high school student that the dealer had working for them. But I will maintain that if you are complaining about getting paid to own your CR TDI, no matter what went wrong with it, that is indeed whining.

Last edited by Terry270; October 11th, 2017 at 08:11.
Terry270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:45   #18
LeeLeeVegas

Default Did you do the fix? I'm curious to hear from someone who did the fix-still can't deci

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK97 View Post
I still have mine. I will go for the fix and the $5000 if the fix is as good as it sounds. Only 2 mpg loss after the fix?
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/f...ble-for-a-fix/
Did you end up doing the fix? I have a 2010 Audi A3 S line, and still can't decide since I love the car so much...but if I keep it I guess I need to schedule the fix and pick up my $6k.... curious to hear how the fix changed the car..
LeeLeeVegas is offline   Reply With Quote