www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Europe

Europe This section is for the europeans to discuss TDI items of local interest.

Old August 29th, 2017, 08:47   #1
TDI_YWG

Fuel Economy: really, really.....great
Default T4 California Exclusive in Canada - gas cooker

Hello,

I recently imported a 2001 T4 California Exclusive from Europe. It is set up to use Campingaz 907 2.5kg bottles, which are not available in North America. I am trying to find someone who has faced this situation before and how they resolved it. Anyone have ideas?

Thanks!
Scotty
TDI_YWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2017, 21:11   #2
TDIMeister
Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast
Moderator at Large

TDI(s): TDI

Nice find! I'm looking for one too, but the Exclusives are particularly rare (and expensive, even in Europe).

For Campingaz, this website gives a phone number to Coleman in Canada.
https://www.campingaz.com/Benelux/t-contact.aspx

Failing a reasonable solution, maybe you can somehow adapt using the smaller Coleman butane camp fuel canisters available widely here?

TDIMeister's German-imported 1998 Audi A4 Avant TDI quattro

Are you receiving unwelcome sales solicitations or inappropriate, harassing messages in your PM? You can report them by pressing the image on the top right of the message in a similar way as reporting inappropriate posts.
TDIMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2017, 07:24   #3
TDI_YWG

Fuel Economy: really, really.....great

Adapting the system for the 1lb Coleman cylinders is exactly what I have done. I bought a regulator with hose for a bbq and an adapter for 1lb to 20lb (POL). I cut the hose that runs from the EU regulator to the camper, cut the hose that come off of the the new regulator and then connected the new regulator hose to the EU hose with a brass barbed fitting and hose clamps. Works like a charm, although the overall length of the new cylinder, adapter and regulator is slightly more than the overall length of the Campingaz cylinder and regulator. It is a bit of a tight squeeze in the gas locker. It JUST fits. Might look for a 90 degree adapter.
TDI_YWG is offline   Reply With Quote