Disconnecting the battery for a short time

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Can anyone tell me if I can expect some unpleasant surprise if I disconnect the battery for maybe 30 minutes to one hour.

Other than resetting the clock could or can I expect some unexpected unpleasant surprises when I reconnect the battery ? I do have the radio code if needed.

2015 Passat.

Thx

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
ABS, ESP, TMPS will give you some error that will go away after 20 feet of driving.

Radio code isn't needed, and hasn't been needed for almost a decade.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
What he said, 740GLE, He is spot on....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
You will need to reset basic settings for the windows, otherwise auto-up/down doesn’t work. Run each window all the way down, hold the switch down, count to 3, then all the way up, hold the switch up, count to 3.

Lincoln

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6 Speed MT
I disconnected mine for nearly a year (Reservist; got mobilized overseas). Not a single issue after reconnecting other than resetting the clock.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks guys for the tips, hints. Since I'm in Mexico for the winter I tackled exchanging my steering wheel for one with shifter paddles this morning while it was still under 80°.

Also set Tiptronic paddles installed in the Steering wheel module with my Vag-Hex2 so now my next will be a test drive. I'll find out then if anything other than the time needed changing.

While I was in there I noticed that Multi function steering wheel in MBQ platform was not check marked. Should it be?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Took the car for a run, absolutely no problems. As 740GLE said initially a few lights but they were gone very quickly. No window reset needed either.

Since I track mileage, next fill-up I just have to do a manual trip meter reading, it reset to zero.
Phew!

Last edited: