Mulitple DPF replacements

VAGman

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
The DPF in my 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI was just replaced again. This it the third time in just 90K miles. The original went 60K, and was replaced under warranty. The emissions fix was done just after the DPF replacement. The second DPF failed this summer. I got a P2002 code and took it in to the dealer. The did a 2 piece exhaust system warranty repair and replaced the DPF, EGR valve and some gaskets and seals.
Has anyone had multiple DPF replacements? I only use BP diesel and rarely use any fuel additives, just PS diesel fuel supplements Diesel Kleen and the winterizer a few times per year. Car runs great could hardly tell the DPF was restricted. Also use the recommended Castrol oil.

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
The #1 cause of DPF clogging and failure are short trips and frequently interrupted active regens. What's your daily commute look like? Speed, miles, time? After that, probably biodiesel use (even BP may mix bio diesel into their "regular" diesel.) And also, using the wrong oil. Low ash oil is specifically designed for particulate filters.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Castrol has the proper oil, 507.00 (so long as you are using that, it is fine).

Short trips, idle time, etc. will cause issues. Usually these cracked and leaked, and the only manifestation of them being "bad" is sooty tailpipes and eventually a blocked up low pressure EGR tube which resulted in an EGR insufficient flow DTC. I have only ever seen one that was actually failed beyond what an active regen was able to fix, and I know for sure it had been given incorrect oil and less than ideal drive times over its life, and even then it still made it to 135k miles.

Kevinski4

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
If your air cleaner an intake are stock, most likely you have a small boost leak somewhere. Or possibly a MAF that's flaky. Anything that can cause the MAF value to be inaccurate will crack DPFs repeatedly in short order.