tdi mechanic in toronto area

mamster

TDI
2010 Audi A3 TDI (white)
i'm having a relatively minor and intermittent boost problem and have been told that i might need to replace my solenoid. i also need regular maintenance done on my 2002 Golf TDI. can anyone recommend a reliable mechanic in the toronto area? thanks!

KAG

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Go see atila at vin test. I'm not kidding, he's the best mech I've ever used, let alone VW. He's also very reasonable priced.
416 638 9558. He's located by Keele and finch.

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
Some people would disagree with that recommendation.... So I'd say do your homework, read the threads, and see who comes out on top!

ludikris

Veteran Member
TDI
Colorado diesel
atilla is defnitely areat guy...espeially when in a bind ...or perjad at precision tuning..

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yep, it's around there. He won't do engine work on TDIs though, but suspension, brakes, oil changes, stuff like that he'll do

wildkitty

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
My mechanic re-built a diesel engine for my boyfriend's Transporter. He only uses quality parts and he's reasonably priced. He's the only man I trust with my car. He's on Queen Street (around Eastern) around Toronto. His name is Salim. Let me know if you want me to get you his contact info :)

wildkitty

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
They eventually meet... there's a McDonalds there LOL I've re-discovered the egg mcmuffin

I have his business card in my car so I'll get an exact address for you after lunch

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm thinking I know which shop you're referring to. Does a lot of work on air-cooleds, right? If it's the place I'm thinking, I've heard some not so good things, but I wouldn't mind doing some more research since it is closer to me...

wildkitty

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Salim is an older gent and he does all mechanical work. His son (don't recall his name since I haven't used his services) focuses on electrical sides of VWs. Usually does upgrades and stuff.

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Is it...?

Amin At Salim's Auto Repair
[SIZE=-1]999 Eastern Avenue[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Toronto, ON M4L 1A8[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](416) 463-5464‎
[/SIZE]

mamster

TDI
2010 Audi A3 TDI (white)
does anyone know perjad's number at precision tuning? i called 411 and it doesn't seem to be listed. i also checked a previous invoice, but it only has the address. thanks!