strong hesitation after turbo replaced

dcoollx

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
So I just had my turbo and wastegate replaced. But now when ever I press the accelerator hard the car hesitates and I lose all power. coming to a full stop and pressing the gas very softly seems to have it drive normally. I disconnected the vacuum line to the waste gate and the car drives better( without boost) but when I get 3000+ rpms it still happens. MIL show 1 code: "serial communication link p0600". not sure if they're related tho. I'm gonna hunt down the short that's causing that tomorrow. Using my scanner I cant see much data but the one thing that is weird is that the absolute throttle position show 94.9% all the time regardless of how im driving. it also drops out to 30% occasionally.

1) is it the short to the computer?

2) something with the throttle?

3) is my Cat clogged?

4) does my Waste Gate need to be adjusted?

5) or something else altogether?

this guy is having the same exact problem in his rx-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYD2r9PsFpA

he fixed by upgrading his ignition system, which obviously wont work for me

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Manual, stock with Panzer Plate & Franko6 modified EGR cooler & CAM
The scanner you are using to obtain information about the car is wholly inadequate for understanding or properly diagnosing problems with this car. For example, on this diesel, the 'throttle' is called the anti-shudder valve and is normally open all the way, only closing part way when the ECM is calling for more EGR, or all the way, briefly, when the engine is turned off. Also, there is no waste gate, as the turbo uses a variable pitch fan blade design to adjust boost pressure. There are so many differences between a rotary engine and this diesel engine that comparisons of symptoms is useless.

It is my opinion that to own a 2006 Jetta successfully, one must either find and work with a local TDI guru or buy a VCDS (aka vag-com), do adequate online research, and become your own expert mechanic.

The regular solution suggestion contributors on this board are extremely knowledgeable and helpful to those requesting assistance once it becomes clear that the inquirer has taken adequate steps to be able to form a question containing adequate specificity.