Wanted: Good VW Diesel Mechanic (With good work ethic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Any hints? LOL!!!
Come to a local meet, and you will hear very disappointing service experiences at shops that are pimped hard on these forums.

I wish some of these dudes would make these issues public on these forums. Like mrvermin the thread starter. It's seems he is fustrated but will not share his experience. Why?

Pete

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
Come to a local meet, and you will hear very disappointing service experiences at shops that are pimped hard on these forums.
I wish some of these dudes would make these issues public on these forums. Like mrvermin the thread starter. It's seems he is fustrated but will not share his experience. Why?
Pete
I find it daunting to post something negative about someone who everyone else loves. I've been in that situation a couple times - it's not fun.

RDA3440

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Hey I am not afraid to post and it's horrible to see the pm's I am STILL getting about that same shop.

I got picked on and chewed out, but I don't care - if I saved someone from the same pain and expense, then it was worth it. I tried to warn another person and I think you know who...he took a chance and well, I am sure it wasn't cheap to resolve.

Must have been those damn muffler bearings...

Last edited:

fukeen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 1990 Golf
We all know the "mechanic" this thread is about. Most of us have dealt with this shop and praised it at one point (myself included). That shop has made a good reputation of our club, but all things come to an end. It is unfortunate that that the quality of work and pride in it fades over time. My car will never go there again.

RDA3440

Veteran Member
TDI
None
We all know the "mechanic" this thread is about. Most of us have dealt with this shop and praised it at one point (myself included). That shop has made a good reputation of our club, but all things come to an end. It is unfortunate that that the quality of work and pride in it fades over time. My car will never go there again.
C'mon....who? Lol!

RDA3440

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Yeah... that's Dora, one of our chickens. She got in the house a few weeks back and hopped up on the chair and pecked at some crumbs my kids left on one of their pc keyboards. Thought it suited the current situation. :)

Still calling all u guys out! LOL!

Last edited:

Danny647

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Why do people even start these useless threads if they have no real reviews or experiences to base it on?

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Why do people even start these useless threads if they have no real reviews or experiences to base it on?
I don't know what they are afraid of. If I got screwed out of my hard earned cash, I'd be telling people.

Everyone is an adult. They can take the info for what it is, positive or negative.

dr_p

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Wolfsburg Golf
No one got screwed, no job was botched, no cash was lost.

The mechanic told me he went home to help his wife with the new baby and wasn't personally present to accept a vehicle that was going to be worked on the next day. Member was insulted by this and proceeded to a) post the thread looking for another mechanic and b) start this thread.

Makes you wonder though, of the handful of members who come on here to slam their mechanics, where do they go to afterwards and where are their glowing review threads about how good the service was there?

BTW this my single sided account of what happened so it may not include everything that happened, so if the OP would like to correct any mistakes please do.

Last edited:

ik0n

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon TDI
What are the point of reviews if people ONLY write positive things?

Reviews should be unbiased, and based on the experience of the individual consumer.

Negative reviews also help to improve the vendor's business (if the vendor deals with the issues brought forward in the reviews).

If you make a mistake/error and you don't know that you've done it... You're more likely to make that same mistake again...

Just my two cents of course.

Cheers,
Brett

BryanK

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
What are the point of reviews if people ONLY write positive things?
Reviews should be unbiased, and based on the experience of the individual consumer.
Negative reviews also help to improve the vendor's business (if the vendor deals with the issues brought forward in the reviews).
If you make a mistake/error and you don't know that you've done it... You're more likely to make that same mistake again...
I agree with this. If you get a raw deal or bad workmanship, name the garage. A good shop will take this and learn from what went wrong or how they can improve. No body's perfect in this world. If I do less than top notch job where I work, I hear about it. And if I am smart, learn what not to do, or what I need to do better next time. As for being ostracized or isolated on this forum? What is this, a teenage girl social network? Don't be afraid to speak your mind.

All the best.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
This issue is between two (somewhat mature) Adults. The originating post was made in haste and the heat of anger. I was hoping to quite possibly put it all aside and let things go their quiet way (and watch all of those trying to figure out what happened while eating popcorn).

I did make the original post and then change it after the fog of anger quickly passed. I could not, however delete the topic as I do not have the rights to do so.

I was hoping to and will continue to keep this event between myself and the other party, but seeing as how you took it upon yourself to step in where you should not have and post some of the particulars about the issue without first consulting the other party involved, I now have to respond.

So, I see it this way. I placed no names in the original post, I placed no names in the edited post (except my own as the author). This was meant to be between myself and the other party. I thought that this could be kept between myself and the other party, however, it appears that the other party preferred to tell any who would listen about the issue and of couse someone would take it upon themselves to post the details here.

To that, I thank you. For now I can see just how mature and sensitive certain people are to events that have no bearing on them or effect them in any way (except for their own demented pleasure in gossiping about others). I now know who I can talk to and who I can put my trust in.

To that effect, I give you "Dr_p" a resounding... Thank You..... and Go Fornicate with yourself.......

To others .... you are free now to make any supposition or innuendo you may wish to on this topic. I will not divulge any part or it's occurance from my side here.

MrVermin

No one got screwed, no job was botched, no cash was lost.

The mechanic told me he went home to help his wife with the new baby and wasn't personally present to accept a vehicle that was going to be worked on the next day. Member was insulted by this and proceeded to a) post the thread looking for another mechanic and b) start this thread.

Makes you wonder though, of the handful of members who come on here to slam their mechanics, where do they go to afterwards and where are their glowing review threads about how good the service was there?

BTW this my single sided account of what happened so it may not include everything that happened, so if the OP would like to correct any mistakes please do.

dr_p

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Wolfsburg Golf
I used no names.
If it was meant to be personal why start a thread?
What part of the story did i get wrong?
"Fog of Anger", really? Is that the best you can do to explaining your childish behaviour?

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I used no names.
If it was meant to be personal why start a thread?
What part of the story did i get wrong?
"Fog of Anger", really? Is that the best you can do to explaining your childish behaviour?
If you look closely and try to read the post (I know that may be difficult to do as it contains no gossip), I also used no names.

I could not care less about what you personally think of why I posted what I did. I only care about the fact that you took it upon yourself to post the pariculars of an event that transpired between to other people. An event that has no bearing or effect on your life. You took it upon yourself to inject yourself into a situation where you do not belong.

Oh, and by the way, Childish would have been letting my original post stand without editing.

So, if I am childish for keeping my mouth shut and not spreading gossip about a situation that does not affect you, then by all means call me childish. I have been called worse by actuall children while I was growing up.

MrVermin

Status
Not open for further replies.