Indiana People

jgcassidy

TDI
Jetta wagon, 2005, silver
CoolWht said:
I sent PM's to the three locals that haved posted in this thread expressing interest in joining us. Who knows - they may join us this time! :rolleyes:
I received the PM, but I can't make it this time. I am out of town on business:mad:

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
jgcassidy said:
I received the PM, but I can't make it this time. I am out of town on business:mad:
There's always next month's dinner GTG....

Sounds like X_Railroader will be joining TDI_Convert and myself for April so head count is three now.

X_Railroader

Veteran Member
TDI
none
TDI_Convert said:
So, you came back North for the warm weather season? :D
Yeh back for the wonderful warm weather here in No Ind.:confused:

Havent been down to Bellman's yet this year, where is the
B20 pump, close to the B100 pump????:)

Will be down there this coming week....

TDI_Convert

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 5 sp., 2003, Silver/Grey Int.
I haven'g been there since last summer. I assume that it's the same place as last year. I know the B100 pump is behind the building at an above ground tank.

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
TDI_Convert said:
I haven'g been there since last summer. I assume that it's the same place as last year. I know the B100 pump is behind the building at an above ground tank.
'Kegger at the B100 tank! :rolleyes:

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
Next time you northern Indiana guys get together, you should send me a PM too. Maybe consider a short road trip south on 31? It's about 2.5 hours for me to mishawaka, but I'd love to join you all sometime in the near future!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
DCELL said:
Next time you northern Indiana guys get together, you should send me a PM too. Maybe consider a short road trip south on 31? It's about 2.5 hours for me to mishawaka, but I'd love to join you all sometime in the near future!
Hi DCELL,

I was just in Noblesville yesterday so know how the run on US 31 is. If you want to come up and join us I know we can work out a more southernly location. Perhaps Plymouth? I'll have to ask TDI_Convert about places to eat as he lives nearby - he knows the area better than I do.

As for the PM's that was more of a reminder to those who have expressed interest in joining us. So far TDI_Convert and myself have been the only regulars but we are hoping others will start attending these dinner GTG's in the near future!

Per your request I'll send you a PM as well before the next one which should be on Tuesday, May 8th. :)

Robert

TDI_Convert

Veteran Member
TDI
Right on Rt 30 in Plymouth is an Appleby's and a Kings Buffet. There are other restraunts in Plymouth itself, but those 2 are very easy to find.

I vote for Plymouth, but that's only because it's close. :p

Cudakid

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Black Jetta TDI 6spd
Any members here from central Indiana? I am originally from Logansport and now live in Southern Indiana/Louisville.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Next Michiana dinner GTG is on:

Tuesday May 8 - 6:00pm at:

Carrabba’s Italian Grill
210 West Day Road
Mishawaka, IN 46545

Located between Grape Road and Main Street by the mall that has Kohl's, Old Navy, Petsmart and Borders among it’s tenants. Just west of Logan’s Roadhouse.

Am posting this early as I will be out of town for most of next week attending ImpexFest on the east coast and will not have time to post this next week. Leaving tomorrow for a weekend trip to Illinois too. If you want to join us for dinner on May 8th please post a reply in this thread and/or PM me.

Last edited:

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Cudakid said:
Any members here from central Indiana? I am originally from Logansport and now live in Southern Indiana/Louisville.
Read the entire thread - there are about five people who have posted from the Indy/central Indiana area in this thread so yeah, there are some members around...

TDI_Convert

Veteran Member
TDI
I'll be there. My computer is down at the house, so it's difficult for me to check my e-mail. It's easier to PM me here if you need to get in touch before the dinner, or e-mail at work. It should be up and running towards the end of the week.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
TDI_Convert said:
I'll be there. My computer is down at the house, so it's difficult for me to check my e-mail. It's easier to PM me here if you need to get in touch before the dinner, or e-mail at work. It should be up and running towards the end of the week.
Sent you a PM!

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry I missed dinner... maybe next month! You michiana folks should consider a 'tdi day' at the indianapolis speedway sometime in the next couple of weeks! there are plenty of great days to come to the track and hang out. there are several days (carb day especially) that you can hear some good live music and watch the cars practice (and maybe have a beer or two ;)!

scheibla

TDI
Jetta
I just purchased my TDI last week. I currently live on the West side of Indy and would love to meet up at the track sometime soon. :)

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
what kind of tdi did you get?
I have a silver golf 2door w/ black 17' rims. You'll probably see me around. As for the track, I know I'll be there on Carb Day at least, maybe more. Welcome to the forum! use the private message function if you want to get in touch with me, I don't check this thread very often. good to have another one in indy!

TDI_Convert

Veteran Member
TDI
O.K. everybody. I'm trying to convince CoolWht to drive a bit to Plymouth or down that way for the June dinner GTG. I'll have a hard time convincing him if I'm the only other one that'll show up.

Anybody else besides me going to make the Tuesday dinner? I believe it is the 2nd Tuesday of the month, so that'll give you guys some time to plan (or make an excuse! ;) ).

Crummie? Drive down thru Walkerton, that's the quickest......... :p

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
crummie's inflexible work schedule makes it very difficult for him to make a dinner GTG - and add the time difference in there too. We've talked about this a bit and that's the situation right now with him.

Since I have started trying to get other local (Michiana) TDI'ers to establish a monthly dinner GTG here's what's happened:

Posts made here by interested parties - OK.
I've sent follow up PM's as a reminder - OK.
Some responded they would come - OK.

To date the only people I have seen come are the two which I already knew long before this dinner GTG concept was tried out. Everyone else has been a no-show so far and the majority of my PM's go unanswered. At first I thought it was the unpredictable winter weather causing the no shows - OK there. Well, it's now warm with decent weather and still nobody even posts that they *might* come. Maybe the other Michiana locals are either too busy to come or they are not that interested in meeting other TDI'ers? At this point I am thinking of just setting date/location/time via direct email between the three of us who actually do this monthly dinner GTG thing as posting here does not seem to get a response any longer from the other Michiana TDI'ers. Don't know what to think any more on this - you two regulars know what I'm talking about here as it's just us three...

05_new_jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
MKV Jetta TDI
alright, I've been one that said I wanted to meet up at one of these.. the biggest thing holding me back is that it's be a 5 hour investment to eat... with fuel at $2.80 I can't see why we can't comprimise once and a while... If their was a plymouth gtg I WOULD be their! thats down to about a hour or a little more... I think as long as they are in michigan city i probably won't make it to them just due to the time and the drive in the middle of the week.. I want to start something here, but people here aren't speaking up in my area or they just don't exsist..?

TDI_Convert

Veteran Member
TDI
05 new jetta:

Be careful what you wish for!:D I believe if you'll commit to Plymouth, the next dinner might very well be there!

Robert:

The time in Plymouth is the same time as South Bend/Mishawaka. The border of Eastern/Central is the Starke County/Marshall County line, which is approx. 1.5 miles to the East of me. I'm the one that's in the wrong time zone, although it's nice for after work. I dislike the 2 hr. commute for 33 miles in the morning tho!:D

Last edited:

TDI_Convert

Veteran Member
TDI
This month, usually the 1st or 2nd Tuesday. CoolWht is the one that makes the plans, I'm sure that he'll post the dinner plans here shortly.

It's normally been the 1st Tuesday of the month, and he usually has the info posted at least a week in advance. We would bounce the week around according to each of our's schedule 'cause we only had one other person join us for the monthly dinner since October. :( He had a good excuse for missing most of them tho, 'cause it's a long drive from Florida just for a dinner!

CoolWht just started working in a different department and I haven't talked with him since the Mi. GTG on Saturday. I don't know what his work schedule is now (or the hours that he's working).

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
If you guys make the plans. I'll really try to make it this month. Plymouth is cool with me- It's still along way to go for dinner, but I'm in. My work schedule should allow for it this month (I quit!) PM me and I'll try to check this board more often!

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
I'd even be willing to have folks over to my place if it was easier for our southern indiana friends....