Indiana People

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I am still interested in the Nov 7th or what ever dinner. I just haven't had a chance to respond yet due to being busy at work and being out of town. Do we have any more details on time or place yet?

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
airwolftdi said:
I am still interested in the Nov 7th or what ever dinner. I just haven't had a chance to respond yet due to being busy at work and being out of town. Do we have any more details on time or place yet?
At this time it looks like just you and me - I'm fine with Tuesday, November 7th at one of the places along Grape or Main. Will 6pm be a good time for you? As for the where - maybe Friday's on Grape? I'm open to most any restaurant so if you have a good suggestion on this let me know. I'll also check with two local TDI'ers I know in hopes they can make it as well.

And I do understand how work/home life and business trips can limit free/forum time too so no problem with your not being able to respond sooner.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
TDI_Convert just reminded me off list that Tuesday, Nov. 7th is also Election Day. Maybe make it Monday the 6th or Tuesday the 14th in case of extra people going out to eat after voting? What do you guys think?

So it looks like we have 4 for dinner and I PM'd the TDI'er out in New Carlisle inviting him to join us so guess 5 at the most unless more local TDI'ers pop out of the woodwork. I should be off work at 4pm and can get there early (5:00) to see about getting a table for 5 or 6 to insure seating availibility for us. So will we meet up at TGI Friday's then?

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I say the 14th. Monday's are not good for me. I would prob. not be able to be there until closer to 6 though with work also.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
airwolftdi said:
I say the 14th. Monday's are not good for me. I would prob. not be able to be there until closer to 6 though with work also.
TDI_Convert wants to join us but can't make it next week per a PM he sent me. I'd like to accomodate everyone's schedule if possible so how does this sound:

Thursday, November 9th - 6pm at TGI Friday's on Grape Road.

My comment about arriving earlier was to insure that we get a table for our party which will number 4 total if things stay on track. Since I can arrive earlier I figured I could grab a table and wait for you guys to show up.

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I am not trying to be a pain, but that Thursday will not work for me. I have to go out of town. The 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month are not good for me. You guys go ahead and get together and maybe I will be able to make the next one.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
airwolftdi: Thanks for letting us know your status on this one and that we can go ahead with it next week. Do you think you'll be availible first Tuesday of December then for a dinner GTG?

As for TDI_Convert, X_Railroader and myself - guess we'll stick to original plan of meeting at TGI Friday's on Grape next Tuesday (Nov. 7th) at 6pm. Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

X_Railroader

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Tues the 7th works for me:)

I shall be there barring any honey dooz:eek:

CoolWht said:
airwolftdi: Thanks for letting us know your status on this

one and that we can go ahead with it next week. Do you think you'll be availible first Tuesday of December then for a dinner GTG?

As for TDI_Convert, X_Railroader and myself - guess we'll stick to original plan of meeting at TGI Friday's on Grape next Tuesday (Nov. 7th) at 6pm. Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
X_Railroader said:
Tues the 7th works for me:)

I shall be there barring any honey dooz:eek:
Great! Heard from TDI_Convert and he will be there too unless no emergency comes up at work. So it's just the three of us then. See you Tuesday evening!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Met X_Railroader and TDI_Convert last night and we had a nice dinner complete with TDI talk. :)

Date and time for next Michiana dinner GTG is Tuesday, December 12th at 6pm someplace on Grape or Main. Restaurant yet to be determined but info will be posted here when that is decided.

Airwolftdi - please let me know if this date works for you!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
X_Railroader said:
I will be in sunny Florida......
You'll be missed! Looking forward to seeing you in April when you are back up here.

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
CoolWht said:
Date and time for next Michiana dinner GTG is Tuesday, December 12th at 6pm someplace on Grape or Main. Restaurant yet to be determined but info will be posted here when that is decided.

Airwolftdi - please let me know if this date works for you!
As of now I 'should' be able to make it.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Michiana Dinner GTG for Tuesday, December 12th will be at 6pm. Location is:

Logan's Roadhouse
4225 N. Main Street
Mishawaka

They are on the southeast corner of the mall that has Kohl's, Old Navy, Petsmart and Borders.

Airwolftdi: As you have not met TDI_Convert or myself yet we will wait by the entrance either outside or inside for you. I figure this would be easier for you then looking for our cars in the lot.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Next Michiana Dinner GTG is Tuesday, January 9th at 6pm. Held at:

Chili's
4810 Grape Rd
Mishawaka, IN 46545

(Close to Lowe's and Barnes & Nobles is across the street)

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
tiesel - Looking forward to meeting you! I will wait by the entrance of Chili's (either inside or outside depending on weather) and will be wearing a black jacket which has USA flag on one sleeve and CAT patch on other sleeve. TDI_Convert will be there too. airwolftdi also hopes to make it - don't have confirmation from him so far.

05_new_jetta - It takes me 2 hours using US 6 from South Bend to the Indiana/Ohio state line. I've been through Van Wert on US 30 - it's about 2 1/2 hours using US 6 / I-65 / I-465 / US 30. Can also take I-65 to US 20 and head west - think that will take about the same amount of time. If you do come I recommend not using US 33 thru Goshen - it looks good on a map thanks to a diagonal alignment but is slow going with all the lights/traffic between US 6 and the US 20 bypass. Use US 6 East and head north on IN 331. Stay on IN 331 (which is Main Street in Mishawaka) to McKinley Avenue - make a left here to head west. The second right is Grape Road - turn right and head north. After you cross Edison Road Gurley-Leep VW/Audi/Mercedes-Benz is on the right side. Furthur north Lowe's is on the right - Chili's is just past there also on the right. If you pass Meijer's (also on the right side) you went too far! I know this trip may be a stretch for you but hope you can join us! Feel free to PM me off list if you want more advice on directions.

Last edited:

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
TDI_Convert has told me he will be there. We will wait by the entrance either outside or inside for the others. At 6pm we will head inside to grab a table - I'll be wearing a white T-shirt with a VW emblem/"Drivers Wanted" on the front to help others spot us inside. It will be at least a party of three - maybe four or five based on the posts so far. Anybody else in the Michiana area is free to join us too - please post here if you want to come so we can get a big enough table! :cool:

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
05_new_jetta said:
coolwht- so you guys have that gtg every month??
That's what I'm trying to do - make this a monthly tradition. Right now since we have so few TDI'ers in the Michiana area that are on the forums plus the dinner GTG idea is still new (first one was in November 2005) it's been a very slow start. This way us local guys will know each other and can assist each other with questions/problems. Hopefully this will lead to local GTG's as well since right now mid-Michigan and central Ohio are the closest GTG's to our area. (The Chicagoland TDI'ers seem to hold their GTG's in southern Wisconsin but there are plans for a Joliet GTG in May 2007 which might become an annual thing.) Am hoping more Michiana TDI'ers will come out of the woodwork this way...

Right now the plan is to have the dinner GTG on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 6pm. Location to be a restaurant in Mishawaka's Grape Road/Main Street shopping/eating corridor. Will be rotating what establishment we go to every month but in time we may settle on one place or a select few on a rotation basis. I will announce the location in this thread about one week ahead of time - as in first week of the month.

05_new_jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
MKV Jetta TDI
I think it is a great idea!! If their were more TDI'ers in my area I would do the same on diff week that way we could all gtg. i am trying to recrute people with tdi's into the club so hopefully it will come together.:)

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
All I know is the local VW dealer keeps selling TDI's although I rarely see them around town. I doubt most of the owners are aware of TDIClub unless they only lurk here as opposed to posting.

There is a TDI'er in Fort Wayne who is on here once in a great while. Currently he is stationed in Iraq but hopefully he will post more once finished with his tour of duty. Outside of that I'm unaware of any other TDI'ers from the Fort Wayne/NE Indiana/NW Ohio area. Perhaps some of them will post here and you can get a dinner GTG tradition started someday...

05_new_jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
MKV Jetta TDI
yeah, I need to get cards made up or something inviting people to join the site or atleast look into it, so I can put under wipers when I see them in p-lots and such.