SOLD! 2005 VW Passat GLS TDI Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
The vehicle has 115K, is in excellent shape and has the following extra's:

--- Alpine nav system with backup camera, Pandora and XM satellite radio.
--- Audi 17" alloy wheels.
--- New battery

Engine modifications include:
--- Balance Shaft Module (BSM) replaced at 90K.
--- Hardened Cam installed at 96K (Franks Cam.)
--- Intake manifold cleaned at 99K

The car has a couple minor dings on the rear passenger door and bumper (see pics and carfax at cars.com) I have the original 16" rims and another set of alloy rims with snow tires.

See the pics:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?listingId=133032955

Last edited:

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I dropped the price by $500. If anyone wanted I could sell the car with the original rims instead of the Audi's, and take off another $500.

Alcancia

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2005 Passat wagon
Do you still have this? I'm looking locally and would prefer not to fly across the country to buy, but it's looking like that may be the only way.

skoullias

Veteran Member
TDI
Previously: 03 2dr 5sp 357,xxx; Current: B5.5V 116,xxx
I saw & test drove this car two months ago, and aside from a few dings/dents, it's mint and awesome. Very impressive specimen.

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Just to clarify things. I dropped the price by removing the Audi wheels. The black alloy wheels have brand new Advantage T/A's
on them and the original wheels have the winter snow tires.

Thanks.

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Two things I left out:
-- Timing belt replaced with Balance Shaft Module (BSM) at 90K.
-- Transmission fluid changed at 95K.

straw10

Veteran Member
TDI
looking to get back to the TDI soon
Right near by, but I think I'm holding out for the '15 GolfWagon...if still available in a bit, it'll be tempting.

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
2001 was a great year for the TDI's. I had a 1998 Jetta TDI and foolishly sold it after 145K.

straw10

Veteran Member
TDI
It lives a mile away from me now...I still see it every so often. New ('from '08...lol) owner is a club member as well. As my Mazda creeps toward 130K, I was looking for a hold-me-over car (could be years with a TDI) before I or my wife went new again...was thinking '03 Wagon...but saw your ride with the BSM done and is seriously tempting...just had my brain in 6-7K mode for the Jetta.

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
The Passat's are a bit more money, but they are a bigger car. The highway ride is very nice, and it is very Audi like in its handling.

straw10

Veteran Member
TDI
Absolutely...I had that price in mind for the Jetta as a stop gap car for 2-3 years (more if I could get 5 out of it for my son's first car...lol). Just curious...would I be able to get a full booster, just a seat booster, and a small adult in the back? That's my worry...even though my Mazda is small, it has 3 rows to seat all the kids...what is the mileage on the Passat? 35-ish?

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Yea the Mazda's are the only small vechile with three rows of seats. There is room back there, but when they sit next to each other, brawls could break out. You should definitely take a look to see what you think. If you'd like to see it over the long weekend, PM me as your close. As far as mileage goes it's 36 on the highway, a little higher if you keep it between 65-70.

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
In case you did not notice on the carfax, the car spent most of its life in AZ and NV. Last winter was its first in the North East.

straw10

Veteran Member
TDI
Congrats and curses all at the same time...I was secretly hoping it would last until the fall...the search will continue!

Status
Not open for further replies.