blue smoke on start, rough idle, low power

mssanger

TDI
mk2
Ok I searched and didn't come across anything fitting profoundly so here goes...

I bought a tdi, tranny, ecu, and harness from a 97 passat 140k. I put it into a mk2 gas Jetta, running the gas tank and gas pumps. I have driven it for about two months on and off and I become fed up with its condition.

The car starts initially pretty rough. It gives a large puff of blueish smoke and idles rough, shaking the entire car. If I let it sit for a min and give it some pedal, it doesn't really want to rev, but it will if I give it more and more pedal until it revs up, kicking on the alternator with another cloud of blue smoke. I can drive down the road and see blue smoke still coming out behind me (considerably less than at startup) for the first 5 or 8 mins as I accelerate. The smoke seems to dissapear when its warmed up completely, but the car in general lacks power. If I appraoch a hill on the expressway, I accelerate to gain momentum to move up it, otherwise the car gradually slows below the speed limit. If I keep the engine above idle, it is fairly smooth, although could be better. When entering the idle mode though, the car drops into this terrible shaking idle. What could it be? I know the N75 is bad, so I bypassed it and installed a boost guage to monitor it. The boost seems right and stays under 10 psi. It feels like misfiring or out of time.

I completely cleaned the intake manifold.
Cleaned the intake runners on the head.
Dissasembled and cleaned turbo. Looked to be in good shape.
Sealed up any boost leaks.
Cleaned the MAF.
Fixed the glow plug circuit. All working with indicating light.
Sealed any vacuum leaks.

Basically it has to be fuel right? Are the gas pumps to much for it? Is the injection pump failing?

Sorry for all of the words.