TDI
04 Passat Wagon TDI
2004 VW Passat Wagon TDI (Silver)

- Automatic tiptronic transmission
- Winter package, black leather seats
- Monsoon stereo
- Sunroof

199,600 miles

Has been run ~20k miles of its life on ASTM spec B100 biodiesel.

Sadly it currently won't start. Clogged injectors due to poor fuel quality. Tank has been drained, taken out, cleaned, put back in and fuel filter replaced (by dealership). It is now with Chris Hill at Kraftwerke Autotechnic in Braintree, MA and needs injectors replaced.

Otherwise in great shape! Timing belt done @170k. Have records of all work from last owner and myself. I'm 3rd owner. Timely oil changes (5W40 Mobil 1 synthetic). Small amount of rust above front wheel wells, still under VW 10 year body work warranty. Only code its throwing is glow plug 3 not working. Has some bumper stickers but nothing a scrub brush and soap won't take off.

New summer tires, steel rims for winter tires, 3 with studded Nokian Hakkepelitas (used for 3 winters)

I'm a student so struggling to find the budget to fix it but it's 1000% worth fixing. Open to offers. So sad to see it go

morgancurtis91@gmail.com (603) 277-0595

Post on thread, email or text great, also feel free to call

It's currently in Braintree, MA

Last edited:

biodee

TDI
04 Passat Wagon TDI
Would be wonderful to get $5k but really open to offers

Open to trade for a 1999-2003 Golf with <200k

Last edited:

biodee

TDI
04 Passat Wagon TDI
The dealer's approach was to start replacing sequential parts of the fuel system until it worked - not so cost effective! And no diagnostic process at all.

I've just got it down to Chris Hill (mrchill) at Kraftwerke in Braintree so should have a better idea soon

biodee

TDI
04 Passat Wagon TDI
Afraid I don't but pretty sure all would appear as new after a detailing. Nothing broken, great looking interior, black leather seats and those faux-wood highlights. One time I was asked "is your car brand new?"! Driver side seat heater doesn't work though. AC also needs recharging

biodee

TDI
04 Passat Wagon TDI
Spoke with Chris a few days ago & he went through the car & confirmed that this is a fuel problem, all else in good nick. He's working on flushing it in the next few days, which will reveal whether injectors are needed or whether it'll be good to go.

Big news from my end is grandparents have offered to support buying another TDI as a graduation gift so now definitely want to sell this one (still so sad to see it go!). And am now in the market for either a Golf or wagon, manual, mileage between 40k & 60k, in VT/NH/ME/MA.

biodee

TDI
04 Passat Wagon TDI
Car back on market - sale fallen through due to buyer not being able to get the money together. Looking for $4000

Moving in a few weeks and would be wonderful to have found it a new home before then

Give me a ring/text/email! 603-277-0595 or morgancurtis91@gmail.com

biodee

TDI
04 Passat Wagon TDI
Hey there - I haven't got a quote from Chris but more than happy for you to give him a ring and discuss. He's really helpful 781-849-5888