Experience with auto tranny and power mods?????

PimpinTDI

TDI
Jetta 2002 Silver
Anyone know what the auto trannys in the american a4 Jetta 90 ALH can handle as far as power mods? Thinking of adding the .184 injectors (or larger) and then a chip job from Upsolute or Wetterhauer. Any info anyone with experience with these type of mods on an auto tranny, please let me know. Thanks.

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
I know there are a ton of 1.8T owners that have big turbo upgrades on the 4-speed autos without problems. From what I've read, it's fairly bulletproof.

keypecker

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW traded off 2005 Passat sedan 2.0 TDI
I have been running upsolute & .184 for over 40k now, and have updated to .205s for about 55k total modified, no problems, I just opened my EGR to look in my intake today (80K on my car)VERY clean, just some moist oil coating, it has never been cleaned. I also run a pierburg but sometimes swap to the old stock MAF it is good but runs high and I also run rotella T (syn) and change every 6-7k I need a TB change and auto trans fluid and I Think I'll be good for another 100K !!!

PimpinTDI

TDI
Jetta 2002 Silver
Re: Experience with auto tranny and power mods????

Thanks for the info. I appreciate anything I get because I am still learning alot about the diesels and the TDIs.

Ynot

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2K GLS, Black
Re: Experience with auto tranny and power mods????

Up II chip, PP520's etc. adjusted my auto trans per "KERMA" pressure adjustment at 50K miles when I changed my trans fluid. No problems, anything will break if you abuse it enough. Be smart and if you add more torque you may need to look at some trans upgrades. Many threads here on differentials and drive line componets.

Ynot