Rear hatch release schematic - won't open.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Hi all - can't find via search - does anyone have a schematic for the rear hatch release? I went to open yesterday via the rear "button", it popped, but did not come up far enough - something that has happened before if I haven't used the hatch in the while - the weatherstrip gets sticky.

When I hit the release the second time - nothing.

Now, the only way to open the hatch is via the manual lock - the electrical is not functioning at all - is it on a separate circuit?

Full disclosure, my comfort / lock module has been reprogrammed to have the hatch act as another door, but now the hatch will not function that way or if I pull the switch in the driver's door - nothing.

I'm hoping a wire chafed / opened, I just need to know which one / where.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a .pdf of the CCM Wiring Diagram from the Bentley DVD.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Thanks for the schematic 1854!

Took the rear trim off and checked everything this morning - switch registers continuity when depressed, power and ground are supplied to the hatch release motor indicating the CCM and wiring are all good - hatch lock release motor is bad. :(

Going to set about ordering one or locating one at a local pick and pull. I guess expecting more than 12 years and 400,000km of use is too much to ask. :D

Part # is 3B5827061C

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Thanks for the schematic 1854!

Took the rear trim off and checked everything this morning - switch registers continuity when depressed, power and ground are supplied to the hatch release motor indicating the CCM and wiring are all good - hatch lock release motor is bad. :(

Going to set about ordering one or locating one at a local pick and pull. I guess expecting more than 12 years and 400,000km of use is too much to ask. :D

Part # is 3B5827061C

Should be readily available. Impex, my local parts shop, has that part number listed for $67.00.