Today is the day for 3.0's

bhuizer

TDI
2014 Toureg TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI, Past: 2012 Touareg TDI, 2012 Jetta TDI
That is a great deal, I'm curious what makes you think a Former Owner couldn't have made a claim, have you checked the VIN on the VW site?
If the original owner sells the car after I believe it was 1/27/17, they cannot claim to be a former owner and forfeit their rights to any settlement from VW.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Last document uploaded the evening of 5/31, offer received this morning (and the letter dated 5/31). Signed, notarized, scanned, and returned early this afternoon.
Letter received and returned 6/5, able to schedule today. First appointment at my semi-local dealer is 7/7--appointments are available Mondays and Fridays there, but slots are every half hour. Booked for the afternoon of 7/7.

nobodyhome17

TDI
2010 A3 2014 Q5
2014 Q5, original owner, letter received and returned 5/26-5/27, received formal approval and acceptance today (06/08/2017),appt scheduled for 7/6 to receive 1/2 payment.

First appt available was 7/6.

Charleston, SC

CSR Penfab

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux Tdi
Just got my offer for my prior lease on a 2016 Touareg that I sold to Carmax. Offer is $2k as a former lessee. Sold in March to CarMax for lease payoff and walked away to take advantage of a 20% off sale on the SS that I acquired. Quite happy with that!

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
just submitted my notarized final offer letter...zip code 17547

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
Anybody turning in a Treg with saddle brown by chance?
I am turning one in, but I am in Utah and I don't have a cargo cover.

I did get my offer letter today. Notarized and uploaded already. Time to see how long it takes for them to approve it and schedule it. Hopefully soon as I take delivery on the replacement, a 2015 Touareg TDI, on the 28th of this month!

A friend texted me and told me he got his offer the same day as me. We both submitted them the same day. my zip is 84032 and his is 84049

Last edited:

opsx

TDI
tdi
So I just got an offer letter for a 3.0 where the restitution has been reduced because of a former owner's claim. Their claim should be invalid as far as everything I know about the vehicle history (sold after 1/31/17 and owned before 9/18/15) but for now I'm going ahead with submitting the offer as is and hoping for the "top up" they promise if it ends up being invalid.

Has anyone here with a similar situation actually gotten a top up yet? I wonder how tough its gonna be to get it!

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
So I just got an offer letter for a 3.0 where the restitution has been reduced because of a former owner's claim. Their claim should be invalid as far as everything I know about the vehicle history (sold after 1/31/17 and owned before 9/18/15) but for now I'm going ahead with submitting the offer as is and hoping for the "top up" they promise if it ends up being invalid.

Has anyone here with a similar situation actually gotten a top up yet? I wonder how tough its gonna be to get it!
Earliest buyback appointments are a month away. No one even got ANY money for 3.0s yet

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Have two, both are in Oregon.
I am turning one in, but I am in Utah and I don't have a cargo cover.
I did get my offer letter today. Notarized and uploaded already. Time to see how long it takes for them to approve it and schedule it. Hopefully soon as I take delivery on the replacement, a 2015 Touareg TDI, on the 28th of this month!
Hmm, I keep looking at Gen 2s and let one with saddle brown interior slip away. The tan just isn't cutting it in another one i found. Way more pieces involved than the interior swap my brother is doing in his v10.

bhuizer

TDI
2014 Toureg TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI, Past: 2012 Touareg TDI, 2012 Jetta TDI
Have appointments scheduled for both my 2012 Touareg Buyback and 2014 Touareg Emissions Payment on July 5th, and an Emissions Payment appointment for my wife's Q5 on July 6. That's going to be a good week!

Bujji_gadu

TDI
Q7
I uploaded docs yesterday; received all checks with in an hour;
today they sent me offer letter. I have to notarize and upload back. But it's pretty fast.

CSR Penfab

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux Tdi
Just got my final approval yesterday for my 2016 Touareg Lux. $2k coming my way for leasee restitution. I dumped the car on CarMax in March for lease payout. Happy to be done with this!

Ketch22

TDI
3.0 Audi Q7
I finished the process yesterday. I took the trade-in option, as my dealership went out of their way to find an A7 that matched every criteria I gave them.

A WORD OF CAUTION....I was the first person to go through the buyback process opting for a trade in (In that dealership). Upon reviewing the purchase agreement for the replacement vehicle, I noticed that they applied the Trade-in as a cash down payment, not a "Trade-in". This is obviously problematic since I did not receive the trade-in sales tax reduction. I pointed the error out to the finance manager who insisted that they could not technically treat my buyback trade-in as a TRADE-IN. A couple of phone calls later (and an additional hour twiddling our thumbs), the general manager came in to the office to apologize for their error. New paperwork was drawn up and I received the full tax benefit of the trade-in.

READ YOUR PAPERWORK!!!

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
I finished the process yesterday. I took the trade-in option, as my dealership went out of their way to find an A7 that matched every criteria I gave them.

A WORD OF CAUTION....I was the first person to go through the buyback process opting for a trade in (In that dealership). Upon reviewing the purchase agreement for the replacement vehicle, I noticed that they applied the Trade-in as a cash down payment, not a "Trade-in". This is obviously problematic since I did not receive the trade-in sales tax reduction. I pointed the error out to the finance manager who insisted that they could not technically treat my buyback trade-in as a TRADE-IN. A couple of phone calls later (and an additional hour twiddling our thumbs), the general manager came in to the office to apologize for their error. New paperwork was drawn up and I received the full tax benefit of the trade-in.

READ YOUR PAPERWORK!!!
Excellent, just picked up an A7 last week as well. What a great car!

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
I was the first touareg owner to complete the process. Took 10 mins. Had check engine light, def light, and tpms light. Not one mention of any of them. Plus a significant recent scratch. Process was simple minus losing the best vehicle I've ever had. Now to find a f250/2500 to pull the camper...and an alh to commute with.

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Touareg TDI Executive
Does anyone know if I elected to change my claim from buy back to trade in option if it is a major issue?

tdi_sport

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd tdi sport (limited edition) platinum grey and a 1996 dodge cummins diesel 4x4 5sp lots of mods and a 335d stock for now.

READ YOUR PAPERWORK!!!
My old man just went through this and today should get his tax money refunded back yo him. He had to threaten vw with police action and notifications to local television stations before they agreed to pay him back. Tonight i will know how it went.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Got 6 appointments tomorrow. 1 car has completely dead battery. Hopefully it will go smoothly.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
My old man just went through this and today should get his tax money refunded back yo him. He had to threaten vw with police action and notifications to local television stations before they agreed to pay him back. Tonight i will know how it went.
Police action you say...exactly what would the police have done?

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
Got 6 appointments tomorrow. 1 car has completely dead battery. Hopefully it will go smoothly.
I had the same issue, just left the car running and it went through just fine. I had a manual transmission so I was able to push start it.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
I had the same issue, just left the car running and it went through just fine. I had a manual transmission so I was able to push start it.
Yeah I am not worried. Worst case, I will go buy a $50 refurb battery and come back. I have 6 of their 8 appointments for the day so I have plenty of time lol