1998 Passat B5 TDI Swapped Wagon - Nebraska

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
There were a couple in the weeds in a junkyard near me when I was looking for parts for my Passat. I did see one a few months back on the Buffalo area craigslist-were you looking for a gasser to convert to diesel?

vwsnaps

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
there is one locally that is nice but he very proud of it and asking twice what I want to pay - I want to convert to TDI - eventually. I will probably just end up keeping this b5 by default as I don't need to loose money on it or anything.. just prefer b3 -

samuraitd

Veteran Member
TDI
ahu mtdi samurai swap, 1991 jetta ecodiesel
Is it that light blue one with the rainbow peace sign on the back?

vwsnaps

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
lowered price - better pictures tomorrow.

i picked up a 1984 Mercedes 300d wagon - 3rd row seating... same 5x112 as the passat...

im such a whore.

rlynch1

TDI
1996 passat tdi wagon, 2003 jetta wagon tdi, 1985 benz 300td, 1969 saab 95, 1971 citroen 2cv
I thought this car was sold on ebay oct 11 for $5500??
Is it now still for sale?

ddc

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat (SOLD), 2005 Jetta Wagon
I am interested, missed the eBay auction ... did you replace the gas tank? I remember reading that you ran out of fuel because it had a tdi fuel pump in the gasser tank. Fuel filler neck modded to accept diesel nozzle.

ddc

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat (SOLD), 2005 Jetta Wagon
What about fuel tank filler neck? Pictures of that? Was it modified well?

vwsnaps

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
i had a few PM's just finally replied to them sorry - silly sister in laws getting married out of town throw me off my work week and then i am leaving again tomorrow for a few days..

Then before you know it , it will be christmas...

Time flies...

Anyways - id like to sell this - before snow fall - its starting to get chilly.

I wont take anything less than $6000 - at $6k its a steal in my opinion.

Fly out drive home

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
What kind of MPG do you average with it?

Also why are you selling it so soon after buying it?

vwsnaps

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
I haven't calculated since fixing the pick up tube. Last time I kept track was 37 all in town mostly I think.

I wanted this car at $10k when Keith built it. Was following thread. Saw eBay link. Bid and won. Grabbed cash flew out drove home. I'm self employed and wish I still had the cash.

Spontaneous urge. Got the best of me.. Title in hand and it even licensed and registered to me

vwsnaps

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
ok back from Colorado - guess in the spring it will be bring more money than the $6000 i want for it ? i have 10 VW's right now - this is the most expensive i can deal with driving my $500 Mk3 Jetta.... i wouldnt drive this during the winter anyways ( too nice ) especially since i have a $500 Mk3 JEtta...

k_harley

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
Wow, just caught onto this thread.....maybe Ill buy it back for that price. Then what do I do with it...? Id enjoy driving it, not that I NEED another TDI, but I did love that car, just as much as my 2001 Passat that my wife drives now. It would be like ying and yang in the driveway!!!

vwsnaps

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Which one would be yang ? I think mine is yang for sure..

:)

I get an email / pm / phone call about every 10 days. From someone asks a bunch of questions, that are typically answered in the for sale post anyways.. then i dont hear from them again... I have a guy just got back from being deployed over seas that tells me he wants it... we shall see. I currently have 4 cars licensed and insured - with snow coming - id much rather drive my $500 Mk3 and beat it up through our pot hole infested cold winter - i would just keep this in the garage to avoid the adverse weather..

vwsnaps

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Fixed the dome light / sunroof switch

Who would of thought that I would get 2 bad dome lights with bad bulbs. Silly u pull it

So I know the dome light was a huge issue. So now. Y'all can buy it

Want it gone. By end of month