www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > West Coast Canada/USA

West Coast Canada/USA Local discussions for those on the West Coast of Canada and the US.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 23:22   #1
Forza91
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Still Figuring it out.
Default MFA/FIS Cluster Install.

Howdy folks,

I've been thinking of purchasing an MFA or FIS cluster and temp sensor, but the whole installation process is way too much for my very limited wrenching skills, so before I do I'm wondering if anyone in Oregon/ the Portland area knows how to properly install one in an 03 Jetta?
Old August 2nd, 2012, 23:42   #2
Ed's TDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.7 / 5.1 / 4.5 L/100km

Rich and Marcel at Fix'Um Haus can do it, as can Old Poopie (Justin). Of course the problem isn't the installation but getting it set up with your car with the SKC requires Vag-Tacho software to adapt the "new" cluster to your car and adjust the mileage, and I'm not sure if either of those guys have it.

Ed's TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2012, 23:45   #3
Jimbob_1000
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Bora, 2003
Fuel Economy: 52/48/42

If you come to the GTG in Portland on Saturday (Aug 4th) I can bring my vagtacho and get your pin/skc for you, for later installation.

JIM
--EuroSwitch, Rear Fogs, W8 Domelight, Euro Badging, GLI Body Kit with Mufflerectomy, WRD Suspension, Euro HIDs, Euro Sport FIS Cluster, Upgraded SMIC, DG Racepipe, Titan 502's, Malone Stage 4 w/EGR Delete, Euro MFD Navi
Jimbob_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:39   #4
Forza91
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Still Figuring it out.

Thanks for the information guys! I'm pretty bummed I have plans I can't get out of that day so I can't make it out to the GTG this weekend. Is the vag-tacho software fairly expensive and or hard to get?
Old August 3rd, 2012, 21:50   #5
Jimbob_1000
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Bora, 2003
Fuel Economy: 52/48/42

The cable and software aren't too bad. The software is shareware, and the cable is the only thing you really need to buy. When I bought mine, i just searched ebay.

here's a link to a search: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...+COM&_osacat=0

I think i paid approx $25 and that was free shipping from China. Of course it takes like 2-3 weeks to receive it, but it works well.

JIM
--EuroSwitch, Rear Fogs, W8 Domelight, Euro Badging, GLI Body Kit with Mufflerectomy, WRD Suspension, Euro HIDs, Euro Sport FIS Cluster, Upgraded SMIC, DG Racepipe, Titan 502's, Malone Stage 4 w/EGR Delete, Euro MFD Navi
Jimbob_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote