www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel related items for wanted and for sale by private individuals. Group Buys and commercial posts should be in the "Vendor & GroupBuy" section.

Old March 11th, 2006, 20:56   #1
NW_Dale

Fuel Economy: 41 mpg
Default Still looking for full FIS MFA cluster...

I have a tentative agreement with Terrywood02 to buy his gasser cluster, but before I buy it I wanted to get some assurance from Greg (ele28) that he can reprogram it to be compatible with my 2002 Jetta GLS TDI.

I sent a PM to ele28@gmx.com a week ago, but I've recieved no reply. Does someone have a more recent email address or more direct way of contacting Greg if he is still doing this sort of thing? Or is there someone else I hould try to contact? So far, he's the only person directly recommended from others at TDIClub. I'd still like to take this cluster off of Terry's hands if it is not ridiculously difficult or expensive to do.

Failing that, can someone help me find a TDI cluster that does not require reprogramming and has the correct gauge faces?

Thanks for any help.
NW_Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 17:30   #2
dubCanuck1
Veteran Member

What year and model cluster are you looking for?
dubCanuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 18:43   #3
NW_Dale

Fuel Economy: 41 mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubCanuck1
What year and model cluster are you looking for?
Thank you for your post.

My car is a 2002 Jetta GLS TDI.

That means I need an Immo3 cluster, so it must be 2002 or later. From what I can tell from the conversion thread in "Non-TDI Upgrades" the part number of the cluster must be 1J5920946C (for silver rings around the gauges) or 1J0920946C (black rings around the gauges). I don't care about the ring color; I'll be happy with either. The "946" part of the part number indicates that it the speedo is marked in mph, and the "C" indicates that it was built to be used with a diesel. The "C" clusters have a lower range on the tach face (highest numeral is 5) compared to the "A" clusters which indicate 7000 RPM or more. It is common to see an "X" added to either of those part numbers, indicating that the part is returnable as a core to a dealership, if I understand it right. The "X" does not matter one way or another. An added bonus would be the security code for device. Without that I'll have to send it off to get the code, but I'll do that if I have to. I do think that warrants a price adjustment though if I have to go to that trouble and expense.

If I'm mistaken about any of the above info, someone please correct me.

I don't know enough about the configuration of various VW and Audi models to say which cars these things were originally installed in. Maybe someone with a better sense of general TDI history could chime in here.
NW_Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 19:34   #4
ele28
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43 MPG

PM sent