Noise from car when Driving on Highway

WVW08

TDI
2013 Golf
Hi, I was driving home this evening at speed around 90km/hr and heard noise not quite high pitched squeal, not sure how to describe it. At first didn't realize was coming from my car. Anyways when I realized, I slowed down, didn't hear anything, then accelerated and noise came back. Slowed to turn, didn't hear anything again. Driving in town couldn't hear anything or was faint. Would anyone happen to experience this before or know what the problem is?
Thanks in advance for any help on this.

da.hs

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf, DSG, silver (from new). 2010 Audi Q7 (from 2016), 2004 Touareg V10 (from 2018)
Does it change with engine revs or load - or with wheel speed? If engine: might be the turbo becoming noisy or a leak in a turbo connector - can make a high pitched hissing sound.

WVW08

TDI
2013 Golf
It seemed like it came back when I accelerated, but when I turned on to side street but was gentle on pedal didn't really hear anything. I was afraid to do too much, just enough to get home. Is this going to be costly repair? If this needs repair, can this be driven to garage? Where I would take car would be 30 to 40 min drive.