2003 Jetta GLS 5 speed - Texas

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
PRICE LOWERED TO $3,750. (you won't find a cleaner one with up to date maintenance and lots of new parts).

For sale is my 2003 Jetta TDI GLS five speed manual transmission with 311,000 miles on it. I am selling it due to my wife is no longer able to drive (handicapped) and we need to use our Hyundai SUV for her transportation as we take a wheelchair along. We also do not need to insure and maintain two vehicles. Also, I retired in 2016 and only will be driving locally from here on out.

I am the second owner of the Jetta and obtained this car about a year and a half ago from the original purchaser, an adult male and Fred’s Club member. He kept the car garaged and serviced at local TDI shops since new. He sold it to me because he bought a new Chevy Volt and only had a 5 mile daily commute since moving to Dallas, Texas and did not want to put additional maintenance dollars into the Jetta.

At that time (286,000 miles), the car was in need of suspension components and a timing belt. I had a new complete belt kit and water pump (purchased from Cascade Auto) installed by the TDI Guy in Forth Worth, Texas before I brought the car home to Houston. Once home, I installed Bilstein TC struts, shocks, OE ball joints, tie rods, LCA bushings (Audi TT), sway bar bushings and pads and rotors on all four wheels and had an alignment done. I also changed both front fenders and had them repainted Galactic Blue Metallic to match the car. A new Evolution aluminium skid plate with side covers was installed in November, 2016. At the time of the suspension rebuild, the transmission gear oil was changed and a new turbo outlet adapter O ring was installed. The EGR system has been deleted and tuned out.

The starter was rebuilt in 2016 from parts obtained from a vendor in Ireland. Parts included new brushes and holder, new solenoid, and bronze bushings.

The car runs very strong as it has a KERMA 150 HP kit installed (@250,000 miles). The kit has a VNT 17 turbo, 1019 nozzles, larger SMIC, 3 bar MAP, a South Bend Clutch kit and the KERMA tune. Included will be the tune files, the original ECU file and the KERMA software uploader, which, by itself is a several hundred dollar unit.

Condition wise, the engine is tight and uses minimal oil. I recently completed a 3,700 mile trip from Texas to Connecticut and back to visit family and the car ran flawlessly averaging 47.667 MPG with the cruise set at 75 MPH and A/C on most of the time. The car needs nothing and everything works as original. It is equipped with heated seats, A/C (new rebuild @$1,500), power windows and door locks, Kenwood HD radio with Bluetooth, working glovebox door and armrest and a new set of Continental tires with less than 10 K on them. A set of OE wheels are included with the car as it currently has aftermarket wheels (nice, BTW).

The headlights have glass lenses on them. The windshield has one small rock chip (repaired) and all other glass is very good. There are minor paint chips on the hood and front bumper cover as expected with a high mileage car. There are no dents or large dings or sheet metal issues. An aftermarket grill insert was installed be me. The car has a sunroof that does not leak.

Recent service was conducted by “Runonbeer” (Robbie Plenge – Meyerhaus Auto) in Austin, Texas and included a new thermostat and housing, a new temperature control sensor, oil pan reseal, new coolant, a turbo performance test, a VCDS diagnostic test, and general look over. There are no leaks, squeaks or poor fitting doors and all windows works as should. The leather interior is in very nice condition. The sheepskin cover on the passenger seat is for my wife who does not like leather seats. The leather passenger seat is in perfect condition.

The body is quite nice, given the age of the car. The clear coat is NOT peeling and the car is very straight. The right rear quarter was damaged several years ago and the PO had it repaired at a body shop covered under insurance. The damage was minor and the records are included with the car, as is all records of maintenance and repairs going back to 2003. Also included are three original keys (2 FOBs, one Valet), all owner's manuals and all historical records.

I am asking $3,750 for the car and will entertain offers near that amount. If additional information is requested, PM or e-mail me (aja8888@gmail.com). I also can be reached by cell phone at 281-727-9751.

[URL=http://s54.photobucket.com/user/aja8888/media/2003%20Jetta%20Sal

Last edited:

Clroads

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan, 05 Passat sedan
Sorry you have to sell. Nice color. GLWS. Looks like it is ready for another 300k.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Sorry to hear about your wife's illness. Sounds like you're working things out together, which is wonderful.

And bump for a great car from a dedicated enthusiast. This is a perfect vehicle for someone who wants a properly modified TDI with all the bugs worked out. GLWS!

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
beautiful car, wish my wife would let me get a third TDI, i can't believe the price, what a steal. honestly, if it gets any lower, i may have to build a nice dog house after i get back from texas... ;)

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
congrats! someone got themselves a beautiful car!