What time is 3.0 hearing today?

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
so does that mean the bosch settlement stays the way it was before at $350 for 2.0 and the person doesnt have to own it the entire time?

MollyC82

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagon
I haven't been paying that much attention to the emissions modifications for the 2.0's (my 2.0 was totaled :( ) but I was under the understanding the 2.0's were a done deal... i thought stage one of the emissions mods were under way and Stage 2 would happen some time down the line, I didn't think there was any court approval needed for the stage two fixes (but epa etc will need to approve them)

3.0's appear to be approved now, just waiting on the judge to sign the paperwork

And the Bosch settlement for both appears to be settled and official also, again just waiting on the final paperwork
Mine is a Generation 1 and the fix still isn't approved. It was submitted 1/27/17. I spoke with Volkswagen and they said that it had not been rejected, but it has not been approved either. EPA and CARB were supposed to decide within 45 days of the submittal, according to the claims website. If it's rejected, then Volkswagen will have to submit a new proposal. Vokswagen told me that we would be notified if the proposal submitted on 1/27/17 has been rejected. They always just say that they have until 5/2018 to try to fix it! It drives me nuts! Why can't they just say the status of the proposal?

VWMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6M RIP, 2015 GSW SE TDI 6M, 2015 Q7 TDI
I haven't been paying that much attention to the emissions modifications for the 2.0's (my 2.0 was totaled :( ) but I was under the understanding the 2.0's were a done deal... i thought stage one of the emissions mods were under way and Stage 2 would happen some time down the line, I didn't think there was any court approval needed for the stage two fixes (but epa etc will need to approve them)
3.0's appear to be approved now, just waiting on the judge to sign the paperwork
And the Bosch settlement for both appears to be settled and official also, again just waiting on the final paperwork
Some of that is true, some not. This thread is to discuss the 3.0 vehicles. Apparently, the judge just approved the settlement today. It will still take weeks for anything to actually happen though. No actual fix has been approved, or even submitted yet. VW has about 6 months to do that for the first set of 3.0 vehicles. The compensation varies depending on if they can get a fix approved in the time frame set up in the court documents. There are also 2 generations of 3.0 vehicles, and VW has said there will most likely be no fix for the gen. 1 cars, and likely a fix for the gen. 2 cars.

For the 2.0 vehicles, the settlement was approved last year. As for the actual fix for the vehicles, the only ones that have an approved fix are the gen. 3 cars, which are the 2015 cars. There are 2 stages, a software update available now, and then some emission equipment updates sometime next year, which we still don't know exactly what they will be. For the 2009 though 2014 cars there is no approved fix yet. VW supposedly has one submitted, but details are scarce. Not sure it's only for gen. 2 or also for gen. 1. There may never be an approved fix for those cars.

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
Care to divulge?:confused:
You just need the September 2015 NADA guide plus the revised 3.0L settlement document.

I made a spreadsheet to make it a little easier to figure out which vehicles returned the best ROI, but if you are only looking up one car, you can do it manually with the two above.

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
But would you know if the Previous owner has filed? I know the answer is no, not until we can run VIN/s through the VW computer.

devilyellow

TDI
MkVI JSW, Touareg TDI V6
oh man this is dragging on forever....

Did the buyback for my Jetta back in February and waited awhile until I settled with a Mazda 3 manual hatchback as a replacement. The Touareg (Gen1) is the primary transportation for the family, so I can't mess around. The steering pump is starting to whine and the trans has been starting to slip. (Plus the lights that come on for ad blue, the bend light, and to perform maintenance :p )

Ordered an XC90 back months ago in preparation for a May/June buyback of the 'egg. The XC90 just came in. Going to have to bite the bullet and just get it before the buyback happens and wait it out.

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
Anyone have any insight or update on this? We should hear something in the next couple days right?!

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Anyone have any insight or update on this? We should hear something in the next couple days right?!
The next hurdle is the VW portal opening that will allow 3.0 owners to calculate their buyback or settlement amount.

DrgRnnr

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta
@ Fourplay, DanB, psd1 or anyone else that can shed some light here. I can't seem to find in the docs anything about the post fix warranty for the 3.0's. I have found the detail on the "bridge warranty", but am interested in the gen II post fix warranty.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
@ Fourplay, DanB, psd1 or anyone else that can shed some light here. I can't seem to find in the docs anything about the post fix warranty for the 3.0's. I have found the detail on the "bridge warranty", but am interested in the gen II post fix warranty.
Great question, we bought a 14 Q5 to replace the 12 Touareg. Maybe a new thread?

Can you post a link or info on the "bridge warranty"?