Looking for clutch

Josh222

TDI
06 Jetta wagon
I have a 06 wagon with a BEW that I have had for a few weeks now. Just did a Malone stage 1.5 tune and as soon as I did that the clutch started slipping from all the extra torque. Anyone know any local places I can get something like a south bend stage 2 clutch kit or am I ordering online?

proto

TDI
2003 Golf
I'd probably order that from idparts, they have a good shipping option to Canada, you prepay the tax and shipping is nearly free. You could also order a Bully clutch straight from the maker Ottawa Clutch (that's what I did).

Josh222

TDI
06 Jetta wagon
I forgot about Bully, installed a Bully stage 2 on a WRX once and it was a good clutch.

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
I have a 06 wagon with a BEW that I have had for a few weeks now. Just did a Malone stage 1.5 tune and as soon as I did that the clutch started slipping from all the extra torque. Anyone know any local places I can get something like a south bend stage 2 clutch kit or am I ordering online?
How many km on the vehicle?

I have a BRM that I bought in 2014. I put in a Malone 1.5 tune soon after I bought it with 145,000km on it.

Been fine up to the past few months or so. Sometimes I get slippage if I go deep into the go pedal at low rpm in 5th gear (like hard accelerating from 80kph or so) If I ease into the pedal, I can get it to hold and accelerate no problem. Mash it, and it might slip.... Ease into full throttle (light throttle to floor in 1 second, it seems to hold and not slip). I just hit 250,000km this past week. Lower gears, I haven't noticed any slip.

Never had to replace a clutch in my other vehicles.

I'm looking a Valeo SMF clutch kit as they are cheap on RockAuto.

Josh222

TDI
06 Jetta wagon
petee_c I have a lot more than 145k on this wagon, bought it at the end of march with 444,000km and its now at 453000km. Slips when heavy throttle 3-5 gear. I plan on putting a VNT17 on it sometime this summer so I cant use one of those kits off rock auto unfortunately because it wont hold.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
I've put a LUK 17-050 into a couple cars now. Love the pedal feel and it's a complete kit from amazon.ca that includes the flywheel

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I've put a LUK 17-050 into a couple cars now. Love the pedal feel and it's a complete kit from amazon.ca that includes the flywheel
I'm a fan of the LUK 17-050 - had good success with them. Do they fit in a BEW? Only ever put them in ALH and AHU cars.