Brake Caliper Paint

ZootsAlures

Veteran Member
TDI
2012Passat SE TDI
Greetings all: I decided to walk away from the VW Buyback and have decided to keep my B7 TDI. So, I want to paint my brake calipers. Q: Anyone know how hot the calipers get? One paint supplier states that theirs is good to 500 degrees F. Rust-Oleum specs at 900 degrees. What a conundrum -

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
Greetings all: I decided to walk away from the VW Buyback and have decided to keep my B7 TDI. So, I want to paint my brake calipers. Q: Anyone know how hot the calipers get? One paint supplier states that theirs is good to 500 degrees F. Rust-Oleum specs at 900 degrees. What a conundrum -[/QUOT

powder coat

767wrench

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Pickup
I use VHT caliper paint. Seems to work well. Definitely works better than engine enamel. They still require touch up whenever the wheels are off to keep them looking good

767wrench

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Pickup

I just tape off the rotors and pads and paint them installed when I touch them up. Way too much work to take them off all the time. Then they end up getting nicked when installing anyway it seems. The initial paint job I took them off though

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
On my former Jetta I just used a Rustoleum type aluminium paint and it worked well until I let go of the car last year. I don't think the calipers get that hot.

JoshMcMadMac

TDI
NMS Passat SE
On my former Jetta I just used a Rustoleum type aluminium paint and it worked well until I let go of the car last year. I don't think the calipers get that hot.
I have done the exact same thing with several vehicles over the years. Standard paint has always held up just fine. :cool: