Any speculation on discounts on dealer inventory when fixed?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
EV sales have already peaked.
At current battery technology, I agree with you. Once the chemical companies and then the battery manufacturers figure out the next leap in technology, we will see a surge towards EV. The changes have to address the range anxiety and recharge times. I'm thinking 400 mile range with no more than 15 minutes rapid recharge time.

DieselMann99

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium, DSG (Buyback Nov 2018); 2013 Jetta TDI (bought Dec 2018); also, bought a CPO 2017 Passat TSI (Nov 2018)
I don't think anyone who buys one should be thinking of resale value
Depends on how long you intend to own it. If you plan to trade it in in 3 - 4 years, you sure as heck ought to think about it. If you plan on keeping it 15 years, resale is unimportant.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I noticed on cars.com there are a lot of used 2015s showing up today. Prices look a little better than they did a few weeks back but still high. Real quick look shows dealers asking for $5000 under original MSRP.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
At current battery technology, I agree with you. Once the chemical companies and then the battery manufacturers figure out the next leap in technology, we will see a surge towards EV. The changes have to address the range anxiety and recharge times. I'm thinking 400 mile range with no more than 15 minutes rapid recharge time.
I just heard the other day that John Goodenough, father of the Li ion battery has recently made a breakthrough on a super fast charging Li ion battery. At 94 the guy is still making huge advancements- pretty impressive.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
From what I've read, the new technology will not be lithium based. Sorry, can't share anymore than that.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
I noticed on cars.com there are a lot of used 2015s showing up today. Prices look a little better than they did a few weeks back but still high. Real quick look shows dealers asking for $5000 under original MSRP.
When we were shopping for the Passat in the actual year 2015, we were finding a lot of low mileage used that were priced similarly to what you're seeing today -- and of all the pre-owned Passats we test drove, the **new** one we eventually bought beat 'em all in price due to VW's $6,000 incentive that weekend.

Granted, this is two years later, but I guess I'm not surprised at this early stage in their return-to-market. I guess we'll have to see how the demand plays out.