N199- Upper Limited Exceeded

kpayne111

TDI
2006 Jetta
Well as the title suggest I have this code and an airbag light. It is for driver side door igniter. Do I need to take the door panel off to get at the problem or is it one of the connectors under the seat? Also, my right rear lock basically stays either locked or unlocked unless if I use the button on the inside of the car. Hoping for answers as I have a potential buyer coming this weekend!

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
The A5's had a problem with the the drivers door harness being to short causing a bunch of different problems because of wires wearing through and shorting out or being open to current flow.

kpayne111

TDI
2006 Jetta
The A5's had a problem with the the drivers door harness being to short causing a bunch of different problems because of wires wearing through and shorting out or being open to current flow.
So do I need to take the inner door panel out to access this? How do I remove it if I need to?

kpayne111

TDI
2006 Jetta
What do I need to do to fix this? Connectors under the seat? Take the door panel off and fix up the wiring in there?

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Manual, stock with Panzer Plate & Franko6 modified EGR cooler & CAM
There is a good write-up on what to do here:
https://shopdap.com/vw-mk5-jetta-drivers-door-harness-1k5971120h-1k5971120g/

Taking the door handle off is only easy once you know how though, as there is nothing obvious about it. The screw you loosen to take it off will lock the mechanism in the correct position only if you simultaneously keeping the handle in the open position. On mine, I believe it was either 12 or 13 complete 360 degree turns of the door locking screw for the handle to come loose.