2011 Jetta (Golf) TDI Sportwagon Release

ddorrer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Tdi, 2012 JSW Tdi DSG (Sold w/80k miles), 2010 Sportwagen TDI 6spd (Traded)
Does anybody know when the 2011 Jetta (Golf) TDI Sportwagon will be released to dealers?

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
ddorrer said:
Does anybody know when the 2011 Jetta (Golf) TDI Sportwagon will be released to dealers?
VW is still not accepting orders for 2011 Golf variant JSW. However, this is an established assembly line vehicle from Puebla (where mine came from), and there are NO substantial changes in the model (in fact none at all, I think). Therefore, it is VERY likely that these will flow freely as ordered by dealerships within a month of being ordered (like Jettas were moving last year).

When will it start? My guess is you'll be able to take delivery by September/October. There are still LOTS of 2010 models around, and Puebla is retooling for NCS (new Jetta), so reorganization MIGHT push Golf variant JSW back to November.

I'd be surprised though. They ARE selling well. It is a sweet car. Ordering your preferences might cost you an otherwise easily negotiated discount. I was lucky and ended up with NO compromise (was in stock).

Last edited:

Swatch

Veteran Member
TDI
BUYBACK : Golf Sportwagen TDi 2010
I just received my GSW and I had to wait almost 2 months. Got difficulties to find one available (Montreal, Canada) and I didn't really get any discount (only few $). When I ordered it, the dealer told me that the 2011 would be the same so I didn't find usefull to wait longer to get one. At the time, they told me that it should be somewhere between october and november but couldn't confirm.

The only thing I can confirm is that the Golk MK6 2010 is quieter than the Golf SW 2010 and that makes sense cause it is on the improvement's list of the Mk6.

Is it also difficult to get a TDi in USA, especially a GSW?

CmdrData

Veteran Member
North of 401, where the snow double/triple up!
TDI
2001 Golf - used to
Swatch said:
The only thing I can confirm is that the Golk MK6 2010 is quieter than the Golf SW 2010 and that makes sense cause it is on the improvement's list of the Mk6.
I thought MKVI GSW uses the same new chassis/design as MKVI Golf (unlike the 2010 JSW in the States where it still uses MKV design), so they both should be as quiet as the other? Sure is not due to the longer hatch area in the GSW that makes it louder?

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Swatch said:
I just received my GSW and I had to wait almost 2 months.
When I got mine in April I knew they were in high demand and a dealer had the exact one I wanted on order so I gave him $1000 to hold it for me.....picked it up a week later......I can't imagine waiting 2-months ....you must have been going squirrely.....like a kid at Christmas I bet.....now let see some pics Swatch

Swatch

Veteran Member
TDI
I lied, I was supposed to wait 2 months but the car arrived 2 weeks before. It was a nice surprise :) Like you, mine was already in order and I gave them 500$ (CAN) to hold it for me.

I will post pictures for sure :)

Rambler29

TDI
2010 Jetta sportwagen
2011 order placed

My order was placed with dealer two weeks ago....says delivery will be 21 weeks....prices not yet available...options are in packages-not individual options. only change seems to be radio change to rcd 310 from current rcd510?
ddorrer said:

Swatch

Veteran Member
TDI
CmdrData said:
I thought MKVI GSW uses the same new chassis/design as MKVI Golf (unlike the 2010 JSW in the States where it still uses MKV design), so they both should be as quiet as the other? Sure is not due to the longer hatch area in the GSW that makes it louder?
Wrong, Jetta Sportwagen 2010 USA and Golf Sportwagen 2010 Canada are the same and both uses MKV chassis but with the Golf MKVI style (front, dash,...) from what I understand.

Anyone else can confirm that?

Moltenburn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 B7 Passat 2.0 TDI
Swatch said:
Wrong, Jetta Sportwagen 2010 USA and Golf Sportwagen 2010 Canada are the same and both uses MKV chassis but with the Golf MKVI style (front, dash,...) from what I understand.

Anyone else can confirm that?
I have heard the same. MK VI front but MK V Chasis. That is what made my decision of Golf v.s. JSW. I wanted the newest and best design and the golf came with it. Next years 2011 jetta SW will be series 6 chasis.

Swatch

Veteran Member
TDI
Moltenburn said:
I have heard the same. MK VI front but MK V Chasis. That is what made my decision of Golf v.s. JSW. I wanted the newest and best design and the golf came with it. Next years 2011 jetta SW will be series 6 chasis.
The dealer told me that the 2011 Sportwagen would be the same with the MKV chassis and MKVI front.

Where did you get the information that the 2011 would have the MKVI chassis? Like I said before, I didn't wait for the 2011 because of that. I would be VERY hangry if the 2011 SW has the MKVI chassis because I could have wait few months withtout any problem.