urgent help needed

passat33

TDI
passat td 1995 wagon
hi guys i have a 1995 vw turbo diesel estate , the problem is last week i had no ignition { dead } if i fooled around with the wiring to the ignition switch sometimes and only sometimes it started for me BUT when it started the plug heater light was blinking like crazy , i brought it to the local diesel electric shop they fitted a new switch BUT i had no ignition light ? they installed one and bypassed it from the switch , she starts first time now BUT when i turn on the lights the rev counter drops to zero and if i put on the parking lights i have the blue light and when i put on the full lights the blue light goes out if i use the dash light brighter switch if i increase it slowly the rev counter goes wild hopping and jumping , and also between 2 and 3 thousand revs the engine is jumping just a little but it is jumping like its looking for air or something i am at my wits end with this ?? do you know of any dash probs with this paticular model as i have pumped money into it and am starting to worry now any help would be really appreciated
thanks
john