A4 B6 TDI conversion - BEW vs BHW

86turbodsl

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Golf GLS TDI (retired), 04 A4Q (swap candidate)
I am considering TDI swapping a B6 Audi. I have a BEW in a parts car right now. I have a line on a BHW. What makes the most sense? Putting the money i would put into a parts car towards the needed parts for the BEW swap, or just buy the BHW and be done with it? I'm not so concerned with the power bump in the original BHW, either way the car will get some power mods.

thoughts?

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I am considering TDI swapping a B6 Audi. I have a BEW in a parts car right now. I have a line on a BHW. What makes the most sense? Putting the money i would put into a parts car towards the needed parts for the BEW swap, or just buy the BHW and be done with it? I'm not so concerned with the power bump in the original BHW, either way the car will get some power mods.

thoughts?
My thought would be the bhw since it's already the right direction... It also has better torque than the bew.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

86turbodsl

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok, it guess we'll have to see what i get get the BHW car for. I think he's a little high right now.

Straypoet

Veteran Member
TDI
BHW 2.0, soon to be in my Wrangler.
I also ended up opting for a BHW for my swap.

I ended up with 2 of them, and from what I understand about these engines, is once I replace the cam, (the balance shaft is gone) I expect another 200k out of this engine. And I have a spare if necessary.
Sounds like a good plan to go with the BHW.

86turbodsl

Veteran Member
TDI
Well i picked up on Saturday. The car is a wreck, but the bhw started right up cold and ran good. I brought it home and emptied out the trash bin full of old junk, empty oil cans, flask, beer cans, old rubbers (!) and other assorted debris and it'll work fine for my uses. Not bad for $500.

I'll strip the engine down and do the BSM delete/alh pump and prep it for some power / check condition. Does anyone know if the BEW accessories bracket will work on this block? Anything to avoid importing a bunch of parts... at least right now. I've been waiting MONTHS for a damn gauge to come across the border from Canada. I don't need more waiting and customs headaches.