TDI Club License Plate Frames

Petron of Texas

My TDI frames arrived Saturday and they are great!!! I plan to sneak one one the rear of my wife's TDI Jetta Wagon.
I wish VW had spelled out the words for TDI on a chrome emblem for the trunk lid.
Unfortunate folks who do not own a VW TDI do not understand what TDI means.
The plate frames proudly announce we are driving a diesel.
If you have not ordered some please do, they look super.

Jack

MORE_MPG

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon, 1996, Grey
P of TX,
- Do you have a picture of that frame? I have been meaning to send in my check. I hope that your note will get me into gear on this!
- I don't know that having the TDI spelled out would do many much good.

- I do think that it would look neat spelled out on an angle in the metal italics font displayed across the back of a TDI New Bug, like the Original Bugs used to say " Automatic Clutch " or something like that. I like to wave or smile at fellow TDI'ers even if they don't know that they are part of the family. The lack of badging on the NB's bugs me

Petron of Texas

I do not have a picture of the plate cover, but there is one on the TDI Club site.
Yesterday I had a reply from a fellow TEXAN, and he was thinking about cuting letters from VW models to spell diesel.
My recommendation to him was to visit a wrecking yard, find a Mercedes with a tyrbo Diesel emblem on the trunk, and install that on the rear of his TDI.
You really do not need to look at the license plate cover, just order some, they are really sharp.

Jack