Canadian Highline Suspension

gsmith41

TDI
Mk7 Golf 6MT Highline
Hi, I am looking for some info wrt the suspension setup on a Canadian highline golf. I have a manual transmission car, and it is my understanding that it has the "sport" springs installed from factory.

I am looking to replace the shocks/ struts with Bilstein units. Does anyone know if its is the B6 (stock spring) or B8 model that should be used? Is there any benefit to using the B8 model, with the stock "sport" springs for this car?

In addition, has anyone compared the VW driver gear spings, or H&R sport springs to the highline stock suspension? Haven't been able to find much info online.

gsmith41

TDI
Mk7 Golf 6MT Highline
There's no mention of bilstein struts in that thread. I am curious if anyone has swapped the highline sport springs, with vw driver gear springs- or are these the same spring? This is also for the standard 4 door golf, not a wagon.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

neimis

Veteran Member
TDI
'92 Passat TD, '01 Golf GL TDI, '15 Golf Trendline TDI
Driver's Gear springs and the Highline "sport" springs are not the same.
I believe there are not any correct DG springs for the TDI available in North America.

If you decide to go with aftermarket (H&R, Eibach, etc.) I would gladly buy your Highline sport springs. I'm in Victoria, BC.

Thread on DG springs: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=486269

Last edited:

PHAT-DUB

Vendor
Driver's Gear springs and the Highline "sport" springs are not the same.
I believe there are not any correct DG springs for the TDI available in North America.

If you decide to go with aftermarket (H&R, Eibach, etc.) I would gladly buy your Highline sport springs. I'm in Victoria, BC.

Thread on DG springs: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=486269
I have a set of Highline springs

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

gsmith41

TDI
Mk7 Golf 6MT Highline
Has anyone with highline springs upgraded their shocks/ struts? Looking like the B6 units are not in stock from most vendors. With the highline springs lowering the car approximately 1/2" - would the B8 units work?

gsmith41

TDI
Mk7 Golf 6MT Highline
Well, ended up purchasing a set of B8 Struts and shocks. Will be installing this weekend, using the stock highline springs.

Last edited: