15 Passat upgrades

Tyrexs

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Afternoon folks,

Picked up a 15 6MT this weekend. Used to have an ALH and BRM so this is a whole new ballgame to me.
Anyways, looking to get a few things on this car until the warranty runs out then its time for deletes.
Where are the best places to get LED headlights? I found some on deautoLED, just didnt know if anybody had any other places. Also looking for interior LED Kits.

And on a side note, favorite site to order parts from? Interior, exterior, etc. Performance parts will be coming from DD/Rawtek.

Thanks,

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
I have deautokey leds in my 2015 Passat and 2014 JSW. I am happy with them.

Passat dont have much performance parts like JSW/Golf do. Good luck.

I could be wrong. Feel free to correct me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Rear sway bar is easy low hanging fruit, 24mm H&R here and enjoying it (when the wife lets me drive it)

Did you get both low and high beams from deautokey? hows the color temp? I'm thinking I wouldn't want to go anything above 5000K.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
No high beam LED available. Its the mounting design that deautokey cant make. Only normal beams.

My JSW has low beam and high beams, dang impressive brightness.

Tyrexs

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Has anybody looked into deletes and such for these? I was speaking with another person last night and they are under the impression that there are deletes available but speaking with others there isn't.
And are there easy brake upgrades on these things? I know on the jettas you can do GTI Brakes and such, is this an option?
And 740GLE, where did you get that rear sway bar at?

BRIAN427COBRA

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, 2015 Passat SEL
I put some Lasfit LED low beam bulbs in, simple as changing the bulb, light output is very impressive, as for a delete kit, Rawtek has everything you want, I am going to do my Passat this spring

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Betcha they aren't legal in the stock reflectors though, and may blind oncoming drivers. An LED is a vastly different light source from an incandescent/halogen, and the fixure is designed differently accordingly . . .

Hotelevator

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
ECSTuning is your best friend. I’ll be getting brakes from them when the time comes, slotted rotors with ebc red stuff pads and possibly the stainless braided lines, they also have engine upgrades as in a crank pulley, and air intake which I only recommend if you want that turbo noise and also suspension upgrades, I was thinking the Bilsteins with some springs would be nice.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ECSTuning is your best friend. I’ll be getting brakes from them when the time comes, slotted rotors with ebc red stuff pads and possibly the stainless braided lines, they also have engine upgrades as in a crank pulley, and air intake which I only recommend if you want that turbo noise and also suspension upgrades, I was thinking the Bilsteins with some springs would be nice.

Passat has 312MM rotors standard GTI brakes, BBK should still work if you want to upgrade to GTI PP or R brakes of i think 340mm.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Has anybody looked into deletes and such for these? I was speaking with another person last night and they are under the impression that there are deletes available but speaking with others there isn't.
And are there easy brake upgrades on these things? I know on the jettas you can do GTI Brakes and such, is this an option?
And 740GLE, where did you get that rear sway bar at?
For H&R, I ordered from ebay, after looking for NMS specific bar, I paid way too much as any MK5 GTI/Golf which is a different part number can be had 75-100 cheaper. Why H&R has a different part number for the NMS is beyond me. 71750-24 should be what you'd want to search.

As for other brands, they are probably fine except I'm not keen on ones with grease fittings, not that I had any issues with them just one less thing to deal with. I had trouble free squeak free 120K miles on my 2010 MK5 bar, so I'm gonna stick with it.

BRIAN427COBRA

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, 2015 Passat SEL
Betcha they aren't legal in the stock reflectors though, and may blind oncoming drivers. An LED is a vastly different light source from an incandescent/halogen, and the fixure is designed differently accordingly . . .
I was worried about that too, the Lasfit were designed for reflector housings, I drive through Lewisville often if you would like to check them out.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
the cut off of the deauto leds are mighty impressive as well, I'm just skeptical of their price and turn over they have, seems like they get a shipment of something but no promise of keeping that same item instock if you need a replacement 2-4 years from now.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
the cut off of the deauto leds are mighty impressive as well, I'm just skeptical of their price and turn over they have, seems like they get a shipment of something but no promise of keeping that same item instock if you need a replacement 2-4 years from now.

Actually I have same LED headlights from my old 2011 JSW to 2015 Passat when 2011 JSW went thru buyback program with nearly 300k miles. I got another 2014 JSW (twin of 2011 in color and options which is rare find) and ordered same set, its awesome and they haven’t fail me for about 2-3 years now.

Tyrexs

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Also, does anybody make a boost gauge pod for these cars? I put one in my old BRM. Cant seem to find one that isn't analog.. Thanks

Hotelevator

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Kinda wondering if anyone would buy or has bought the aftermarket projector headlights that are available for half the price of the oem ones. I know the oem ones run about 1k a set.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Have had LED interior/exterior bulbs in my last 8 VWs from DeAutoKey LED. Best bulbs out there, hands down. Have had two issues in that time and bulbs were replaced free of charge with no questions asked.