Auxiliary Electric Air Heater

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Mine comes on shortly after starting the car. I get heat less than a half mile from my house. And I think the aux heater continues to run until the car is up to operating temperature. I rarely run the fan about second speed so it doesn't seem to require full fan speed to activate. Easy to tell when it's on: Idle speed bumps up to 1000 RPM.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Wiring harness and a VCDS.
It’s only three connections: Positive, ground, and CAN. The hardest part of the install seems to be getting through the firewall to the bus bar.
Yes that was a huge pain in the hind quarters. The grounding can be done under dash. Wonder what the harness part number is and where it connects too. Im thinking im gona save for a webasto tho.

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
So, I just checked the build specs by VIN HERE and in says that our GSW has the 7E6 option installed. I haven't noticed any heat until the coolant temp is ~140°F so I'm wondering if it has to be activated with VCDS...

Thanks for the link...

I am looking at a 2015 Golf TDI 6 speed up here in ontario, and mine did not come with it....

--as an aside, I drove my '06 BRM without electric aux heat for 4 winters, before doing the cold solder 'fix' on mine this year.... finally works... usually draws 700W according to VCDS... sometimes I see 1000W, but rarely...