DPF regen monitoring

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Sorry for being late to the dinner table but I just found this thread.
I Have a mk6 with a recent Kerma tune. My regens are @ or before 200 miles. Is it suposed to enable the ecu to consider the effects of passive regen? Do I need an update on this or anything else?
2015 cars (EA288) CVCA, CRUA

yours is a CJAA. different platform
Right, I was wandering if this was done, in the works or even beneficial for the CJAA? Updates? I love the tune so, far it has shown less "measured" soot and much higher "caulculated" which is a great thing, right? My main thing about buying the tune was to see improved DPF life. If mk7 is improved with extended regens, wouldn't it be beneficial on mk6 (no urethra injection... sp?)?

Pickledrick

TDI
Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI
Iv a Mk7 golf 1.6tdi 130km , it regens every 40km . Worried that it was the dpf I took it to a garage who confirmed this and said it was full of ash. I got the dpf cleaned which costed 250 and the labour of 450. IV only got it back recently and I've noticed the car is still regenerating at around 40 or so km . This equates to every couple of days by the way . Anyone have any ideas ? From reading sites online I'm worried that the 700 I just paid in cleaning the dpf is gone down the toilet as it seems that whatever is wrong with the car is just gonna reblock this newly cleaned dpf. Anyone have this happen to them?

Pickledrick

TDI
Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI
Iv a Mk7 golf 1.6tdi 130km , it regens every 40km . Worried that it was the dpf I took it to a garage who confirmed this and said it was full of ash. I got the dpf cleaned which costed 250 and the labour of 450. IV only got it back recently and I've noticed the car is still regenerating at around 40 or so km . This equates to every couple of days by the way . Anyone have any ideas ? From reading sites online I'm worried that the 700 I just paid in cleaning the dpf is gone down the toilet as it seems that whatever is wrong with the car is just gonna reblock this newly cleaned dpf. Anyone have this happen to them?
Traded the car in and got a 2017 golf 2.0 TDI with just 50km , it regens every 80km . How is everyone here getting miles out of their regens or do I need a software update . Frustrating as this can't be normal or good for the dfp

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Don't know what to say except that I go 200KM in city and 400KM in highway driving between regens so yours is definitely not acting normal. Any codes? Can you monitor and look at things like total ash? How many KM on the car?

Pickledrick

TDI
Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI
Mines nowhere near that . It gets about 120 when mostly highway . It has 11grams of ash in it and it's 50km . My last car had 135km on it , the thing was happening around 50km . I use vag dpf and it was going up to around 15gram soot then instantly shooting to 25 or so and triggering regen. Brought it to garage and he said it needed a dpf clean . Costed 700 quid and after it I still had the exact same regen around 50 km ish. I feared dpf was done so traded that in to get a 2017 and way less milage car. However at 120km regen that's hardly normal . I heard of the scandal and wondering if they done that to my car . I wonder is there a way to get an approved vw mechanic to reset it to normal. Last mechanic did it on my old car and I got error code p2002 that never went away

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
I think there is some confusion about units in the last post. Some km are probably 1000 km, ('my last car had 135km on it'), others are maybe indeed kilometer. It's also not clear to me how pickle is monitoring regenerations.

SEATCR140

TDI
Seat Ibiza CR140 @ 190
**Update** Soot Mass Calculated: PID=22114F Works with the equation: ((A*256)+B)/100
Will update here in case anyone else finds.

EGT comprised of two bytes in: 221044

24°C = A=11 B=105
109°C = A = 14 B = 170

No correlation between them.
Standard EGT formula does not work
((14*256)+170)/100 is 375.4 - 40 is
.. well not 109.

Anyone know the equation?

Hi All,

Great post, Unfortunately on my CFHD Ibiza none of the PID's in post: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/reading-soot-level-with-torque.464119/page-5 have worked nor the equations, I find 06B2 does not change and all the equations output a reading that never changes, 018B shoes no result either. Torque scan hasn't found any PIDS.

I have Bluetooth HCI Sniffed VAGDPF as that shows me all the data, Soot Mass Calc/measured but not the equations.

Or has anyone managed to get any of the custom PIDS listed in this post working on a CR140 CFHD? I have full access to VCDS if that would help find the correct PIDS?

Many Thanks

Last edited:

LuckyFred

TDI
Seat Leon 1P 1.6 TDI
Hello everyone,
new to the forum. Driving a 2012 1.6tdi with around 120K km (sorry for metric units but I am based in Belgium).

Purchased the car used and it was doing normal regen, you can notice at idle the rpm climbs around 1000rpm and the consumption going from 0.4-0.5 l/h to 0.8-0.9 l/h. Same behavior even after EGR software delete and DPF cleaning.

This year I had to replace the cam sensor and I have taken the opportunity to replace also the cam belt kit.
After this maintenance I have also started to notice some weird behavior at idle, engine rpm would climb to 1000rpm but consumption actually decreasing to 0.2 l/h.
I cannot say for sure if this repair is the cause since I remember seeing something like that during winter for a couple of times. At the time I thought battery was getting low and the higher idle was to help the alternator recharge, however, after the repair, I have not seen again the "standard" regen condition of higher idle and higher fuel consumption.

Last time it happened, I have connected ODBeleven and noticed STATE RGN PF=1. Does it mean a regen is taking place? if so why the lower fuel consumption?

Out of curiosity I have read also the correction factor for the injectors:

Normal idling condition:
cylinder1= -0.68mg/stroke
cylinder2= +0.64mg/stroke
cylinder3= -0.04mg/stroke
cylinder4= +0.12mg/stroke

1000rpm idel and 0.2 l/h displayed on the MDF:
cylinder1= -3.34mg/stroke
cylinder2= +2.8mg/stroke
cylinder3= +3.3mg/stroke
cylinder4= +2.4mg/stroke

Sorry for the lengthy post, I hope somebody could share some insight into this and help me to embrace more the philosophy "drive more, worry less".

Many thanks8