www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel related items for wanted and for sale by private individuals. Group Buys and commercial posts should be in the "Vendor & GroupBuy" section.

Old January 13th, 2019, 10:32   #16
Rich Wood

Some updates:
I am continuing to pull this thing apart to get a nearly complete wiring harness. My end game is to put the ALH into a 2002 Cabrio and I don't know enough about every single sub system that I'll need so, for now, it's coming out completely.

As I do this, I'm discovering some issues from its past. Seems it was parked outside after the crash and some mice made it home. Bottom line is the carpets stink and there's mouse poo around. I can't swear as to the ultimate condition of the seats. Shampoo/Baking Soda? Maybe they are just toast. You guys can decide that.

Super1 - Black, but (see above). It has a sunroof. Funny about the crash sensor, I was just pulling it when I came in to type this up. There is one mounted laterally on a frame piece under the driver's seat. There is one mounted longitudinally by the rear seats as well. Seems I still can't post pictures or I'd put some up.

Bigdog0u81 - Seats are fairly plain cloth, no heater that I can see. Certainly nothing on the dash. I have 2005 Passat that has those seats but I haven't gotten into the swing of parting that one out. Maybe you could convince me.

dkline87 - All 4 windows/regulators seem to be fine. Panels are fine as well. Door glass, good, etc. Which ones do you need? I was considering keeping some for spares for my 2005 jetta but Murphy says I'll either never need them or I'll keep the wrong ones...

MountainhighTDI - if the consensus is the upholstery is beyond hope (see mouse story), then the seat adjusters are back in play.

Last edited by Rich Wood; January 13th, 2019 at 10:36. Reason: spelling
Rich Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2019, 12:22   #17
2000alhVW
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2000 Golf

I sent you a private message.
2000alhVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 09:24   #18
sruchris
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45

Did the plastic engine cover and the two side skirts survive?
sruchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 13:14   #19
Rich Wood

The top cover is gone. For side skirts (frame side rail to lower plastic cover) there is only one slightly broken one around. Most of the plastic under the hood is in small pieces and thrown away.
Old January 15th, 2019, 13:15   #20
sruchris
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Wood View Post
The top cover is gone. For side skirts (frame side rail to lower plastic cover) there is only one slightly broken one around. Most of the plastic under the hood is in small pieces and thrown away.
Oh well. Thanks for checking. I figured as much.
sruchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 20:58   #21
mostlyham

How is the rear wiper motor?
2000 Golf GL TDI 2DR 5spd Indigo Blue: VNT17, Malone stage 3 tune, Colt Cams stage 1, South Bend stage 2 clutch, .764 nozzles, PD150 intake & race pipe, EGR & ASV delete, H&R sport springs w/ Bilstein HD shocks, R32 suspension bushings, GTI wheels, GTI taillights
2000 Jetta GLS TDI 5spd Tornado Red: 11mm IP, wagon console, R32 wheel, 18" BBS rims
mostlyham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 06:52   #22
Rich Wood

It seems fine. I didn't test it, though.
Old January 16th, 2019, 10:42   #23
DIESELMAN3500
Veteran Member

rear headrests if available. shipping to 07440 nj
DIESELMAN3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 11:33   #24
Rich Wood

I have one member interested in " In need of rear seats, just the seats. " and is supposed to swing by this weekend. If the head rests don't go, then you have first dibs.