N

S

SkyPup

lord have mercy on my wicked soul

Glad to see that NB TDI is back on the road again. Be sure to feed it a steady diet of highly refined middle distillates to keep that dreaded shudder from reoccuring.

M

mickey

Sometimes there's a film of goo left on the sensor from the manufacturing process. I suggest you scrub it vigorously with a STIFF wire brush.

-mickey

S

SkyPup

Since the air racing through the MAF approaches true sonic speeds when the turbocompressor is fully boosted, I suggest shoving a high pressure(2,000psi or above) water blaster down the throat of the MAF while the engine is running a constant 4,000 rpm and continue blasting away the OEM grime on the sensor until the block slams to a stop from hydraulic lock. That usually takes care of the grime on the new MAFs so that they will work properly. If any water continues to pour out your tailpipe after the engine stops, just turn of the water compressor, it will slowly stop leaking out in a couple of minutes.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
mbciii,you wouldn't want to share with us the Reader's Digest version of what you did to the MAF?

Help enlighten and educate the un-enlightened of the group.

------------------
96 TDI Wagon, ABS, emerald green
00 Jetta TDI GLS, silver arrow, CWP, LUX1, etc, etc.

S

SkyPup

Is the Queen's corgi a Pennington or a Cardigan? I think the cardigans are more civilized without the cropped tails.

fattyfox

QEII's dogs are Pembroke Welsh Corgis. The Cardigan is a distinctly different breed, although they have frequently been interbred over the years. The Queen Mum has more PWC's than her daughter (the packs have been known to battle).

Pembrokes are the shorter of the two Corgi breeds, most easily recognized by the short tail (sometimes natural, and sometimes docked). Further, Pem's are the smallest herding breed -- ideal for maneuvering and nipping at the heels of cattle that would easily kick a larger dog.

Pembrokes make fantastic companion pets. They have all the poise of a large breed, but in a sturdy and compact profile (sorta like a VW Golf). Cardi's are great, too -- I just happen to like Pem's better, since I own two of them -- that explains my handle.

http://www.pembrokecorgi.org/

-cheers, fattyfox

[This message has been edited by fattyfox (edited January 04, 2001).]

S

SkyPup

JeffyT, man o' man what is the matter with you son?
I LOVE WELSH CORGIs and have our 13 year old sleeping next to my foot right now and yes I do live on a farm and he loves chasing my sheep.
haha, super great dog, his name is ZOO
And yes I graduated from Veterinary School too, is there something you'd like to teach me about animals? I am not talking about your good buddy Ric Woodruff here either!

Thanks for the post FattyFox, I have been talking to the AKC Registered Breeder down here in Columbus, Georgia (closest to us) and we will be getting a super nice Corgi soon.

S

SkyPup

I'm having a difficult time reading this thread. Yesterday I went out to see the solar eclipse and used my binoculars to stare at the sun to get a good look, the 10X20X binos worked okay but I figured my Celestron telescope would be even better at 450X so i could almost see the surface of the sun. In fact, that was the last thing I did see before my fovea in the center of my retina was ionized from the photons.

Moral of story, even though everyone has told you so, don't stare at the Sun with a telescope, binos, or even the naked eye!"D Now were talking common sense to all the mutes out there !
lol

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
mbcii,

Maybe you and Ric could co-present the How NOT to maintain your TDI seminar in Utah.

Thanks for sharing your expensive lesson with such good humor.

-Matt

S

SkyPup

don't store your MilkBones in your MAF, the Corgii's will get 'em everytime!!!

LOL, thanks Morris for the great story line!
Sorry the MAF bit the dust, I won't say anything else about it, I promise!