TDI 2002 Jetta Drivers door lock LED ON

sauria

Veteran Member
My Jetta TDI has been parked for awhile and the drivers door LED (need the lock plunger) is just glowing on (not flashing). What does this mean?
hornedfrog@mac.com

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Don't know except that possibly your ECM is losing its mind. Maybe not. Try unlocking then relocking the doors. I've never heard this problem before.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
>>I've been away for 4 months <<

Have you had some type of trickle charger (such as the solar panel) on the battery during this time?? I believe that the alarm "goes to sleep" after a period of time to conserve the battery, but...

I would disconnect the battery for a while, charge it up, and see how the car behaves (you may need to re-program the radio... so make sure you've got your code!!)

Yuri.

CalJetta

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon, Silver/Grey
If I understand your question correctly, I think it could mean that your trunk is not fully latched (or one of any of the doors is not fully latched). I have to practically slam my trunk to get that light to turn off. Check all of the doors to make sure.

sauria

Veteran Member
Thank you. No trickle charger. The car sat while I was in Europe. Man do they have some great diesels there!