can u guys look at this

k^2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen DSG - Sold back to VW. Replaced with Sportwagen 2.5 GAS
Heres a TDI my dad is thinking about. I thought it looked like a great deal. All the major work has been done and hass some nice features to it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-...5852603fb&item=161147651067&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Thanks for the help
Unless your Dad absolutely must have a Diesel $4700 for an 11 year old car with so many miles seems pretty steep to me. I know these things hold their value but still I think the fair value for it is $3500. With this mileage and age loots of other minor things will start going wrong in the car.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
First, I would want a complete list of the labor that has been done, a complete list of all parts replaced, a list of everything done associated with the TB and Turbo, and the name of the mech who did the TB. IF I was still interested, I would check it in person, drive it, inspect it top to bottom & front to back. Then, run a VCDS scan, and look at having someone check compression, etc.

I think the pix look nice, but that's really pretty secondary. I would pay above average asking price for a car whose owner is TDI-centric, keeps great records, uses a TDI mechanic connected to TDIClub, and maintains the car 100%. I would not pay a dime extra for his addition of power heated leather seats, leather 4 spoke wheel, leather (front only) door cards, remote car starter, or any of that jazz. In fact, the oil changes every 5kmi might even steer me away.

Let us if you go and see it! G/L

6ixxer

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Tdi
So the guy ended up selling the car but my dad found one alot closer and in almost mint condition. The guy was a jersey 737 pilot and used it to travel from upstate ny to jersey so mostly highway miles. Not a speck of rust. The engine is so clean and he had everything replaced recently (turbo water pump timing belt etc) He gave him a brand new set of nokia snows on rims as well and a binder full of all receipts for everything done to the car. And all for 4500 and 195Kmi. what a steal!!!

Lensdude_com

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 MK4 Jetta (ALH) "Betty" (sold), 2005 MK4 Jetta (BEW) "Stinky-Pete"
So the guy ended up selling the car but my dad found one alot closer and in almost mint condition. The guy was a jersey 737 pilot and used it to travel from upstate ny to jersey so mostly highway miles. Not a speck of rust. The engine is so clean and he had everything replaced recently (turbo water pump timing belt etc) He gave him a brand new set of nokia snows on rims as well and a binder full of all receipts for everything done to the car. And all for 4500 and 195Kmi. what a steal!!!
...enjoy the ride :)