Diesel Power Module + Diesel TPC Module "The Boost Fooler"

black_and_chrome

Veteran Member
TDI
Black Jetta 2005
miikepartyka said:
i have a 1999.5 Jetta
was wondering if i need to change anything if i get these two modules.
and what are the hp and torque gains for each
There is no need to change anything, they are both plug and play modules. You should get a boost gauge though, just to keep an eye on things. I have been running mine for over 4 years now and still love them. as far as power gains go, you are looking at 25-30% gain.

ishmael010

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI
Diesel Power tune & TPC Box

You might consider upgrading your nozzles at the same time, I originally went with Bosio Sprint520s and these two boxes, with great results.

Ish
miikepartyka said:
i have a 1999.5 Jetta

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Nitroholic said:
get a real tune instead, such as Alligator or RC

cheaper too
Curious what constitutes a real tune? Better boost, HP and/or TQ gains? Or is it a box vs. a chip set mod?

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I think the powerbox/TPC are great for the PD's cars..

A nozzle upgrade and chip tune is the best thing for your ALH.....

MethylEster

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5. Red, 5 Spd
miikepartyka said:
i have a 1999.5 Jetta
I have the same 99.5 jetta you have and originally had both a Van Aaken power box with the TPC boost controller. Both worked great together. I also upgraded my nozzles to PP520's. By setting the TPC at level 3 I could eliminate all the smoke and still keep my VNT-15 max pressure in the 17 - 18 psig range.

However I recently changed this to a KermaTDI chip for one important reason that I think is relevant to your Ontario location. And that is the inherent cold starting problem of the 99.5 tdi model year. The OEM ECU fuel map does not call for any fuel below 250 rpm. And when it gets really cold during the winter months this was causing me some really hard starting issues. Since changing to the KermaTDI chip these starting issues have totally disappeared. I also understand that the Rocketchip ECU upgrade also addresses this OEM problem.

Power delivery is about the same according to my butt dyno when comparing the two performance modifications.