Problem areas?

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
I got the Malone stage 2 and DSG tune and DPF and HP EGR delete completed and it took care of the hesitation issue car is now running great with a hugh increase in power and shifting. I'm glad I got it done

Who did your tune and DPF delete? Once mine is out of warranty (and the DPF is clogged) I plan on having it done. I'm close to Joliet.

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
Only update I have is last week the center console latch broke off. Of course there is no minor repair, it's a whole new top pad/latch combo for $150.

BTW "trim" is not covered under CPO.

swood1122

TDI
S3
I purchased my 2011 on October 14' with 32k on it from a local dealer. Now have about 45k on her. I paid a little more to buy a dealer vehicle but the benefit is that I have a warranty to 100k through the end of 2016. That piece of mind was worth the extra $1,000 over what the purchase would have cost from a private party.

Not to hijack this thread, I see some of you have tuned your A3. Has anyone put on an aftermarket exhaust? Not necessarily looking for improved performance from this, just looking for a meatier sound. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

SoSoTDI

TDI
2013 A3 TDI Ti
Checking in again with my 2013 A3 TDI I got a P00af check engine light, I'm currently at 33,500 miles. Researched the code a bit on here and it's either the turbo or turbo actuator valve. But those results were on cars with way more mileage than me. I had a ECM software update pending install for my car so when I brought the car in for the cel they applied the new ecm firmware software and told me that would fix the cel problem. Makes sense as the car drove fine with the cel, I didn't experience any power loss and the cel went away on it's own after a couple of days.

I still have a year and over 12,000 miles under warranty so if the problem comes back I'll be sure to update.
I also got my rear wiper arm replaced under warranty as it cracked when I lifted it when washing the car.

So to date at 33,500 miles only 3 problems all fixed under warranty:
-center armrest latch broke
-cel P00AF (supposedly fixed with updated ecm software)
-cracked rear wiper arm at pivot point