TDI down 1 week after fuel system replacement

posey

TDI
2011 A3 TDI
HPFP failed at 77K miles a couple weeks ago, towed to dealer and Audi replaced entire fuel system except for the lines from the fuel tank and the tank, those were only cleaned. 4 days later, I had my car back. The only differences I noticed were it seemed to be idling a little higher, and it was taking an extra crank to start. Exactly 1 week later, it died again, only this time instead of being on the road, it started flashing the glow plug light on the first start of the morning (hard start but it started). I immediately shut it down, and it wouldn't start again after that.

It's back at the dealer again, after I waited 4 hours for a tow. This was on a Friday, so they gave me a loaner and said they'd look at it on Monday.

I guess I just have to wait to see what they find this time. Looking over the parts list, the fuel injectors have a part number ending in -X, are those remanufactured? Anything I should watch out for? Thanks.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
A failure that shortly after installation almost certainly means that someone goofed up during installation. It happens. Let them fix it and don't worry about it.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
I hade one here that the new in-tank lift pump wasn't always working cuz the pin bent over when they installed the plug. Straightened the pin and solved it. Shot in the dark , but worth a try.
Jeff