info please on 2001 audi a3 tdi pd130 with shakey idle

reno85

TDI
2001 Audi A3 1.9 tdi pd130
Hi all, I'm Ste, New to site but thought I'd jump in with a problem lol

Right so I'm having a problem with my little diesel, it's got a shakey idle which is starting to annoy me a lot lol.

The car has done 73k so not high at all, it was shaking a lot worse before I had this work done, so last month I had clutch, flywheel done, also had the cambelt done, I've got a powerflex dog bone Bush, the other week I changed the LH engine/transmission mount and still I have the shake.

What else could make it shake on idle? My mate said maybe up the idle by 50 or something and see what that does.
So any ideas are welcome.

Also if anybody has a full working vcds near derby that they could kindly plug in and check I would be much appreciated.

Cheers again.

reno85

TDI
Ahh thanks mate, would any admin mind moving it to that section please?

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
if you click on the triangle icon with the exclamation point below your username/location etc, you should be able to send the administration a PM (private message). The mods on this site are all volunteers so it may take a few hours. Sorry for the short message yesterday, but i was on an I-Pad and hate typing on the thing. In North America the Audi A3 only became available in 2010 with the TDI. The section linked to is for the 1.9 VE and PD engines so you should get some help there. good luck.

Last edited:

reno85

TDI
Ahh I'll do that then, thanks for reply, yeah know what you mean, prefer laptop or comp lol!