my 30k experience

Keasbey

TDI
2010 A3
I bought my car with 72k on it back in april of 2013 and have since put on almost 30k in that time.

I originally bought the car purely for the engine and storage capabilities. I go camping and do alot of moving of things(boxes/lumber/automotive) with my car and it has been great! I have no problem pulling out the rear lower seat to allow the back to fold down flush with the trunk space.

Things ive encountered/broke.
-My AC Compressor went out around 79k... i should have replaced it myself.. that was a hard lesson in service/replacement fees out of warranty (4k) audi dealership.

odds and ends little plastic clips breaking (visor and rear fold down arm rest spring)

the backs of my driver and passenger seat panel fell off. i need to glue it back on.

my MPG is usually pretty low, 34-35 in the city and 38-39 on the highway. I live in texas so our speedlimits on highway driving is usually 70-75 so im going a bit more than that.. im not complaining, but it does fluctuate alot and some trips ill get 40-41 and others going the same speed are 38-39.

Overall im really happy with the car, i will probably put another 10-15 on it by xmas and will need to do the timing change on it.

maroonfrog1

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 TDI S-Line 2011
Your experience

My '11 A3 TDI has experienced:

* Front passenger seat back panel separated -- I need to find a glue that will stay

* Visor clip -- broken, replaced

* Tail-light bulbs - have replaced two in the same lens - fixed corrosion at contact

* Voltage regulator - crapped out at 70k miles - replaced along with battery under warranty.

Getting approx. 35 mpg on average. That's what I wanted when I bought it. Plan to drive this another 50k miles, then shop. Overall quite happy.

tee-dee-eye

TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI
26,000 miles.
So far:

- Sprung front door (overextended hinge, got caught in wind) fixed under warranty no prob
- Replaced the tires (Contis weren't completely worn out but I hated them)
- Lady changed lanes into my right front quarter panel so that got replaced.

Averaging about 40 MPG in mixed driving with a lot of spirited canyon driving in the mix.

ddoyel

TDI
2013 A3
2013 - White with Tan interior. 23,000 miles and my 225-40-18 need replacing. Dont like the stiff ride but the tires never squealed flying up and down the mountains. Not a single problem yet! 28-32 city roads , as high as 56.2 highway , but usually 45 at 75 mph.

langer

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 a3 & '07 gasser gti
MFD tells me I get 36.5 mpg combined. I live in downtown Baltimore, so that's skewed by a lot of very slow city driving.
Have 37k on the odo. No issues except for a cracked grill and sun visor clip. Tires were toast at 35k. Replaced with Pirelli p7. Also have a 2007 gti which is an electrical nightmare.

skramer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE 6MT
I'm sitting @ 33k

-Visor Clip issue
-Dreaded fuse melting my fuse box (look it up...sigh no recall from Audi/VW on this)
-Replaced Headlight due to fogging issue
-Replaced taillight due to fogging